What's Your Book Activity Today? - Take 6!

Echo

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's so sad yet so beautiful! :D I take it that does mean you enjoyed the book.

Oh, I definately enjoyed it! I am not so fond of some of how the book was written, but the things I didn't like (luckily) didn't ruin the book for me.

Me too. I finished it today, and I cried. :) It takes quite a bit to make me blub, but oh brother, I blubbed and blubbed. :smile2:

Definately a great book & one I shall heartily recommend!

How's the book, Scarlet? It sounds intriguing. Have you read Pride and Prejudice and Zombies?

I've spent a bit of time recently organising two bags of books to donate to the book fair I'm going to next week. See! I can show some control with books! (Never mind the fact that I originally had about 3-4 bags worth of books to donate but I changed my mind about quite a few of them...:D)

I've started Queen of the Damned by Anne Rice and loving it so far :D I just love the character of Lestat and the way Anne Rice has him describe things....it's like honey.

Also bought The Colour Purple by Alice Walker. I'm not sure when I'll get around to reading this but I loved the movie so I'm sure I'll pick it up at some point.

Yesterday I received The Gates by John Connelly from Amazon Vine - this time he's writing for teens, and the first few chapters are excellent. There's a great humour in there, which reminds me of Pratchett, Jonathan Stroud etc, and I can't wait to see where he's going to take the story. :D

Edited by Michelle
John Connolly, not Michael!

Yesterday I received The Gates by Michael Connelly from Amazon Vine - this time he's writing for teens, and the first few chapters are excellent. There's a great humour in there, which reminds me of Pratchett, Jonathan Stroud etc, and I can't wait to see where he's going to take the story. :D

I've just added this to my Amazon Wishlist :smile2: The synopsis reminds me of Good Omens by Terry Pratchett & Neil Gaiman.

How's the book, Scarlet? It sounds intriguing. Have you read Pride and Prejudice and Zombies?

I've spent a bit of time recently organising two bags of books to donate to the book fair I'm going to next week. See! I can show some control with books! (Never mind the fact that I originally had about 3-4 bags worth of books to donate but I changed my mind about quite a few of them...:D)

I'm liking it so far, not sure if it's as well done as P & P & Zombies which, yes, I have read :smile2: I've given up on Dan Brown - it's not holding my attention so I've given it to my mum and I'll go back to it when she finishes. Still persevering with The Host and actually starting to enjoy it now!

I don't think different is the word to describe it. :D

To be honest I have read some worse ones and the author did not graphically describe the scene of crime so it was not as bad as it could have been.

I am just reading the Epilogue now, and then I am going to write a review.

Edited by catwoman

To be honest I have read some worse ones and the author did not graphically describe the scene of crime so it was not as bad as it could have been.

I am just reading the Epilogue now, and then I am going to write a review.

You must be a really fast reader :D I started it about 5 days before you. :smile2:

You must be a really fast reader :D I started it about 5 days before you. :smile2:

Yeah I can be a fast reader if I actually get into a book, and the last 200 pages? were quick to read. If I am not working and when the kids are in bed I read and I don't tend to watch much TV.

*edit*

Just finished the book and wrote my review.

About to Start Twilight by Stephanie Meyer.

Edited by catwoman

Guest velocipede2288

In the middle of "Dearly Devoted Dexter." and just bought two Inspector Morse books form a charity shop "The Silent World of Nicholas Quinn."and "The Remorsefull Day."