Peacefield's Reads (started 2009)

Peacefield

Elizabeth Kostova's 'Historian' was brilliant, but read it quite a while ago and didn't realise she had another coming out - looking forward to reading that one!

January 2010, booklover! I can't wait :(.

I also read yesterday you guys that the US TV network CBS is going to be writing a pilot for The Lost Book of Salem!! Well, I believe it's going to be called 'Deliverance' since the original title here was the Physick Book of Deliverance Dane, but I read the news on Katherine Howe's Facebook page yesterday and I practically fell out of my chair after reading it! Who knows if the network will actually pick up the show after seeing the pilot, but I'm excited :friends0:.

Lexie, next time I run to the used book shop I'm definitely going to be looking for the next book in the Vamp Diaries series. Are there just 4?

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

January 2010, booklover! I can't wait :smile2:.

I also read yesterday you guys that the US TV network CBS is going to be writing a pilot for The Lost Book of Salem!! Well, I believe it's going to be called 'Deliverance' since the original title here was the Physick Book of Deliverance Dane, but I read the news on Katherine Howe's Facebook page yesterday and I practically fell out of my chair after reading it! Who knows if the network will actually pick up the show after seeing the pilot, but I'm excited :motz:.

Lexie, next time I run to the used book shop I'm definitely going to be looking for the next book in the Vamp Diaries series. Are there just 4?

There are 4 original ones, then she took an 17 year break or some such and is releasing 3 more now, but from Damon's point of view, as far as I know only 1 of those has been released so far, 1's coming out soon and then the 3rd next year. Not sure if I'm going to read the new 3 though.

Ooooh I didn't know Katherine was on Twitter, Janet, I'm going to have to follow her now! :motz:

That's interesting about the Vamp Diaries books, Lexie. I need to finish the other 2 books and will have to take a look at the new set when they come out. We can never have too many vampire books you know :smile2:.

I finished Leeway Cottage by Beth Gutcheon this afternoon. Here's the synopsis again in case you don't feel like searching through posts for it :D:

In April 1940, as the Nazis march into Denmark, a rich girl named Sydney Brant marries a gifted Danish pianist, Laurus Moss. Almost at once, their views of the world and their marriage begin to diverge. Laurus's beloved family is in Copenhagen, hostage to Hitler's war. When Laurus chooses to leave Sydney in the fall of 1941 to help build a Danish Resistance from London, Sydney is dismayed. By the time they are reunited four years later, Laurus's family and the reader have been through one of the most stirring stories of the war - Denmark's courageous grassroots rescue of virtually all seven thousand of the country's Jews. Meanwhile Sydney, in America, has led a group knitting for the war effort, and had a baby. In the decades to come, many people, especially their grown children, will wonder if these two very different people understand each other at all.

Like I mentioned in another thread about this book, it was a very quiet read, which I loved. You learn about Sydney and Laurus's whole life through family stories, summers spent on the Maine coast, snippets written in a family 'house book' and stories taken from the headlines during such a horrendous time of Hitler in Europe. I saw two people's lives spelled out in less than 500 pages, which you wouldn't think would be enough space yet it was so beautifully written that I understand perfectly why eachother acted the way they did. It was a lovely story about love, extended families, sunburned summers and the tragedies of war. I highly recommend :blush:.

• 2 weeks later...

I decided to put 'Shopaholic and Baby' aside for now. First because I read the first couple chapters and Becky's old tricks were just getting annoying to me. I keep thinking, come on, after 4 books having you not learned anything about the perils of too much shopping?! :lol: And second, because I found Bitten yesterday! I started reading it this morning :D.

I decided to put 'Shopaholic and Baby' aside for now. First because I read the first couple chapters and Becky's old tricks were just getting annoying to me. I keep thinking, come on, after 4 books having you not learned anything about the perils of too much shopping?! :lol: And second, because I found Bitten yesterday! I started reading it this morning :D.

Enjoy 'Bitten' peacefield, its a great read, I know you will enjoy it :lol:

I finished Bitten yesterday, and am already itching to get my hands on Broken! I loved it all you Armstrong fans out there, and if there is anyone thinking of starting this series, go out and do it now! :D

I very much enjoyed reading a werewolf's perspective on things, and a rare female one at that with Elena. I loved learning about the legends of the Pack, and the interactions she had with the other Pack members and the 'mutts' was fascinating! I wasn't quite sure at first what to think of Clayton, but WOW

I'm oh-so-happy they ended up together :D.

Thank you for the recommendation, everyone.

Sooo pleased you enjoyed Bitten peacefield! :D

Now get yourself a copy of Stolen straight away, it's even better!! :friends0:

I really enjoyed 'Stolen', a few more characters introduced too :lol:

Stolen! That's the one I want; not sure where Broken came from :D.

Thanks guys, I'm really glad I liked it too! Tell me, what did you guys think of Clay? Were you glad in the end? I must admit I wasn't sure about him at first but he quickly grew on me :friends0:.