Have you ever walked out of a film?

chesilbeach

Have you been to the cinema, paid your hard earned cash to be entertained, and then found the film to be so awful/dull/offensive/boring that you've had to leave?

I've done it three times:

Silverado

Throw Momma From The Train

Hannah and Her Sisters

I would have walked out of Cold Mountain, but I thought my friend was enjoying it, then at the end I asked her what she thought of it, and she said she'd nearly fallen asleep and was only staying for me!

Anyone else walked out, or is it just me?

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep I walked out of one of the saw movies. it was either 2 or 3. It was an anniversary night out but it was so bad we just had to leave and go down the pub instead.

Other than that no. I have often been tempted but always decided against it. I have fell asleep through a few though.

I have never walked out. I have been to see a few bad films such as Shallow Hal, Lord of the Rings (not my thing at all), 8 Mile but I have never walked out before the end. I always think that they could get better (although they never do) so I always watch to the end even if it's a DVD. Plus I think I've paid to be there so may as well get the full moneys worth :D

I've never walked out of a movie and I don't think I ever will. The movie would have to be really unbelievably bad or I would have to have some kind of physical situation or seizure to walk out.

Having said that, I very rarely go to the movies these days and I only go watch movies I know I will (most probably) like. That might have something to do with it.

No, I've never walked out of a film. I don't really go to the cinema that much though, 2 maybe 3 times a year, and any time I do go it's to see something that I've really wanted particularly to see on the big screen. Maybe that's why :D

I've never left the theatre during a movie, but have come close a couple of times. Once during 'A Night in the Life of Jimmy Reardon' and the other time for 'Waking Life.' Nowadays I mainly just see movies by directors I know I like or if it looks like something that would appeal to me, and luckily I've never had that bad of an experience.

I've never walked out of a cinmea screen, but I have dozed off once or twice. Can't remember which films they were though - LOL!

I have switched off a DVD and given up on it though. Sin City was one I never finished watching as it was so dire!

I have switched off a DVD and given up on it though. Sin City was one I never finished watching as it was so dire!

I quite like Sin City, although I can understand why others may not.

I've never walked out of the cinema, even when the film has been dreadful - such as The Avengers or Batman and Robin.

Recently, I've not been going to the cinema very much - I tend to buy films when they get to the

I haven't either, i like to pick my films carefully, plus i love the cinema and the atmosphere of the cinema. When i went to see El Orfanto, a spanish horror/mystery film, people were actually walking out because it had subtitles, i mean, how stupid and lazy is that?? It was a fantastic film.

I've never walked out, it's never crossed my mind to! I figure you're paying to be there, you may as well watch the whole thing. I have fallen asleep once though. It was such a dull film and we were there for my friend's birthday, otherwise I never would have gone to see it. But yeah, I slept through most of it anyway! :D

I've never walked out, there's been a few times I wished I had (HP films spring to mind...lol), I rarely go to the cinema so when I do I try and make sure it's something I want/don't mind seeing.