Have you ever walked out of a film?

chesilbeach

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I fell asleep during the movie "Blade" when my boyfriend forced me to go see it with him and his brother. I remember walking out on a movie many years ago with my friends, but can't remember which one.

I've never actually left the cinema, however I did snore through most of "The Phantom Menace".

:D I can see why!

I don't think I've ever walked out but if ever there was a movie that pushed me to the edge it would be Arsene Lupin, which I think is a French film (or Spanish). It started off with great potential then got ridiculous. By the end of the movie there were tears of laughter from most people as it just became silly :D

I fell asleep during the movie "Blade" when my boyfriend forced me to go see it with him and his brother. I remember walking out on a movie many years ago with my friends, but can't remember which one.

Blade is a brilliant film. :D

I was reminded of a film that I walked out of quite a few years ago called 'Fire Down Below' with Steven Segal. It definitely was not a movie I normally would have seen, but I went because my brother-in-law had a very small stunt part in it :D. As soon as I saw his little scene where he got knocked out by Segal, I was outta there :D.

Yes, once. I walked out of a film starring Eric Stolz. Can't remember the name of it (it was years ago), but it was rubbish. I think I walked out after about half an hour. Having looked through his biography, I think it might have been Sleep With Me, but I can't be sure.

I fell asleep through all of the Lord of the Rings films. Those films are straight garbage.

I love those movies!! They weren't long enough!! Only kidding :D But I did love them......what's not to like!?!

I really don't like Lord of the Rings. I went to the pictures to see the first one, and would have walked out if I had been alone (the longest 2+ hours of my life!). Then I thought I would give it another chance and they're just not for me!

:D:lol: The best thing about moving in with my BF was the Lord of the Rings boxset that came with him!! :D Ok so maybe that's a tad exaggerated!! Haa!

:D:lol: The best thing about moving in with my BF was the Lord of the Rings boxset that came with him!! :D Ok so maybe that's a tad exaggerated!! Haa!

We've got the boxset as well! We watch the directors cut of the films over three evenings at Christmas (it's too long to watch them all in one sitting, so we have to split it over three days!).

I'm glad there are other people who've walked out of films as well. Based on the assumption that I've been the to the cinema on average once a month for about 20 years, I think that only walking out of three films in that time is a pretty good track record, and makes me realise how awful those three films must have been!

I really don't like Lord of the Rings. I went to the pictures to see the first one, and would have walked out if I had been alone (the longest 2+ hours of my life!). Then I thought I would give it another chance and they're just not for me!

I'm the same. I've tried to like them a few times and I can never get into them.

Think I already posted in this thread..but I'll say it again anyway (:D). I haven't walked out of a film before and I doubt I ever would. I'd just sit there and suffer if it was that bad. I paid to be there! :lol:

I went to see David Cassidy at the Hammersmith Apollo in London he was so embarressing we walked out :D

Aww that's too bad, SueB! Did you at least get to hear him sing Summer Days or I Think I Love You?! :lol:

I don't mind LOTR too much, but then again I've only seen the first one in the theatre and the rest on DVD. I don't think I could stand to sit that long again! They were all good, but I don't have any desire to see them again.

Yup, I have walked out once and I see no problem with that. I don't care if I paid for the movie or not, if I cannot bear it anymore I go. Why would I force myself to stay bored or annoyed and just wishing for the darn thing to end?

I walked out of the first Lord of the Rings - whilst I love the books the first movie just bored me to tears. It was the first night of the release and I went through tons of trouble to get two tickets for us. When it started we were like "holy cow..is anyone but us deaf?" The loudness was unbearable, I sat there most of the time with my hands over my ears (and trust me, all those years in the front row of Heave Metal concerts ensured that I can take it VERY loud). It didn't seem to bother anyone else but us, so I didn't see a reason to complain to the cinema about it. Anyways once we got over our eardrums being close to popping we could not find anything gripping about he movie. It just takes forever to get the the point...yeah, I get why because not everyone may have read the books but still - I was bored because I knew the books and my boyfriend was bored because he found it too long winding. So we left and got to the pub instead - now that we loved :lol:

Then there were two nearly walk-outs:

The first one being The Blair Witch Project - I still shake my head about the fact that we fell for the hype of it...nothing happened and the only scary thing throughput was her nose dripping with snot in a full frontal...yuk. The only reason we didn't walk was that we thought something must happen at some stage. Ya, that so didn't happen.

The other near walk-out was Twilight. Holy Cow, that must have been the worst movie in history (even worse than Blair Witch). When the books first came out I thought they were kinda cute - but since then I have grown up (sort of). Anyway, I didn't really wanna go and see it because I didn't think I would enjoy it but my boyfriend urged me. "But you love vampire stuff!" So I caved in - BIG mistake. It took boring to a new level, but the giggling teenage girls liked it, so my problem really. That should teach an old gal to go watch a Teenie movie :D

I have never walked out during a film, I have fell asleep though, I was snoring during 'The Last Boy Scout', which unfortunately was my first date with my eventual husband. :D

:D Gyre. I guess he didn't take it personally that you fell asleep on your date. :D

:blush: Thankfully no but he still brings up and it happened 18 years ago :lol: