What really bugs you?

Chimera

• Replies 977
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People who crowbar the word 'like' into every sentence e.g I was 'like' reading this book and it was 'like' brilliant...AAAAAAARGH.... and then to add insult to injury they all misguidedly talk as if they're from Australia and phrase everything as a question...AAAAAAARGH......:D

Oh I so agree with you :D:irked:

Also, everything in this word requiring either a passport or driver's licence.

How about those of us who don't drive, and can't afford to spend €80 renewing something that expired 4 years ago because it's owner is too broke to leave the country?

I don't NEED to drive a car or leave the country, all I want to do is stay in a hotel.

People who think that texting is communication and people who won't look you in the eye and tell you the truth.

Texting IS communication. It's passing of information to another person. Whether it's good or sufficient, that's objective and a matter of opinion.

Also, everything in this word requiring either a passport or driver's licence.

How about those of us who don't drive, and can't afford to spend

Texting IS communication. It's passing of information to another person. Whether it's good or sufficient, that's objective and a matter of opinion.

Um...which is why she posted it in the "What bugs you" thread...cuz it's her opinion. :D

Well, the way I read it was that she's bugged by people who think it is communication. Not by who think it's sufficient. It's like saying people who think Nissan Micra is a car bug me. Well, Nissan Micra IS a car. Wheter it would be more appropriate as a soap dish, that's a matter of opinion.

Well, I for one am absolutely and totally in favor of the ID checks. Yes, I want my bank to ask for a verification of identity when I access my account. Yes, I want the stores to check the ID of anyone using my credit card for a purchase over 50 euros. Yes, I hate my passport photo as much as anyone else, but I still happily show it at customs.

I understand the expense is a lot to some, but I still feel it's a small amount when you contrast it with the possible identity theft and the cost of that.

That's fair enough but all I'm doing is staying at a hotel and paying cash. No numbers, cards, nothing involved. All they need to do is send me a reservation number to my email and tell me to print it off and bring it. Hey presto, proof of reservation. Aditionally, I've had my student ID which has done me for the last three years (in uni) which is why I've never needed any other ID - I do everything by cash and I don't leave the country, anything within the country is content with a student card. I'm GOING to get a new passport, but it IS €80, and you know as well as anyone I can't afford €80 on something I'm not going to use again until I go to England sometime next year.

I second that.

I third it.

I hate 99% of men (romantically). I love them all more than girls (platonically).

I'm exactly the same. Men are generally ****. They make pretty great mates though. Prefer their company usually.

Edited by Nollaig
I edited my grammar error in the quote! :P

Yeah they're great as long as you don't get too attached to them :D And as mates way better than girls. I find the only girls I get on with are other girls who prefer guys, because I like guys for being easy going, not as superficial or bitchy and even a bit slobby at times, (knowing how to pig out and chill out without being girly or prissy). Other girls who like guys for those things, I usually get on with.

It annoys me that I can't enter UK competitions :D I'm the first person to be all patriotic about the republic being independant but I really want the jelly bean rugs on today's House Gift! :lol: There's no other option - I'll have to move to England so I can avail of other competitions :lol:

Um...which is why she posted it in the "What bugs you" thread...cuz it's her opinion. :lol:

Quite - thank you Sarah. Texting someone with important news (to my mind at least) is not communication - and neither is it appropriate - you need a proper conversation for that - in order words to actually talk to each other.

Incidentally - I love my passport photo - the first one was awful though !

No problem, Talisman. I had a feeling that's exactly what you meant. :lol:

I HATE my passport photo. Of course, it was taken when I was 14 and going through my "awkward" stage. I haven't needed to get it renewed because I couldn't afford a trip out of the country in a million years, so I'm stuck with it for a while longer. :D