What really bugs you?

Chimera

I hate mine also. I was once on a holiday to Greece and a guy on passport control stopped and showed it to another guy who started laughing. Those two people got the single worst stare from me, in my entire life.

• Replies 977
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate mine also. I was once on a holiday to Greece and a guy on passport control stopped and showed it to another guy who started laughing. Those two people got the single worst stare from me, in my entire life.

I would have taken it back and told them I wasn't showing it because it was funny, I was showing it because I was required to.

Yeah I didn't really know what to say at the time because I was so frustrated. Looking back I should have said something, but I guess I just grabbed it and stalked off in a huff. :lol:

What a pair of fools Ben! no one has a perfect passport photo, I think its the law that they never work out well, I look like 'Glasgow's most wanted' in my passport photo and :lol: I am wearing an Oasis t~shirt :D

Plus its just not professional behavioural, don't be worrying about them.

What is currently bugging me is cars!, I hate cars!!!!

BUGS bug me. I just got done battling a majorly huge giant spider in my kitchen and am now cowering in the fetal positon in on the couch. Anyone have any ways of keeping them away? I spray my apartment regularly but somehow this beast still made it in leaving me paranoid and checking every little movement. *shudder*

BUGS bug me. I just got done battling a majorly huge giant spider in my kitchen and am now cowering in the fetal positon in on the couch. Anyone have any ways of keeping them away? I spray my apartment regularly but somehow this beast still made it in leaving me paranoid and checking every little movement. *shudder*

Oh I am not sure CaliLily but I am sure someone here can suggest something. I usually throw them back out of the window, we used to have a spider, like yourself, who kept returning, he/she was getting through the smallest hole ever beside the window, so we covered it with tape, not the most resourceful thing but he/she did not return, I hope you are okay. :lol:

There are supposedly smells that spiders don't like, such as eucalyptus, which can act as deterrents. Another option is to spray a repellent/pesticide around the perimeter of your house, which is what we did. It's supposed to last 9 - 12 months. So far, it seems to be working pretty well. One more thing is if you spread lemon-scented furniture polish around the inside perimeter of all your doors and windows, that can help keep them out, too.

There are supposedly smells that spiders don't like, such as eucalyptus, which can act as deterrents. Another option is to spray a repellent/pesticide around the perimeter of your house, which is what we did. It's supposed to last 9 - 12 months. So far, it seems to be working pretty well. One more thing is if you spread lemon-scented furniture polish around the inside perimeter of all your doors and windows, that can help keep them out, too.

Thanks for that Echo!, great ideas (which I will be using), as much as I don't like spiders, I won't kill them because its unlucky, thanks again :lol:

Thanks, I will have to try it. I have Raid and I spray that around my windows and doors every few weeks since I live on a ground floor apartment and tend to get creepy crawlies often. I don't mind the other ones but spiders make me want to peel a layer of skin off and shower for 24 hrs straight!

I will check out the eucalyptus! :lol: If that dosn't work I will move to the Northern most reaches of Canada where it never gets above 40 degrees and pray spiders don't like snow. :D

Hmmm I have a feeling I'm going to get uptight just writing this but here goes:

1. When someone uses the last of the toilet paper and selfishly neglects to replace the roll. Or worse, considerately leaves one square on the roll. That single sheet can deceptively look like more until...:irked:

2. Venturing to the kitchen in desperate need of a chocolate fix, opening the cupboard, reaching to the packet of chocolate bars on the shelf...to find the packet empty. Why? Why I ask? Not only is it insane to keep the empty packet, it is cruel to let one think "Ooh, yes! We have chocolate" when in fact one must do without.

3. Supermarkets. I really resent that they wait until I like something so much that I buy it on a weekly basis (or more) and then suddenly, they decide to stop stocking it, just to spite me I'm sure. They did this with my favourite kievs, my favourite shower gel, and most recently (and I must emphasize this one...) my favourite chocolate!!!!!!!!! (Yes, it is a chocolate night :lol:)

rant over...

Well, I'm not too fond of quad bikers driving wherever they please. I live in a small town and people drive them on the street, on the cycling paths and sometimes even on the sidewalk. In winter it's the snowmobiles... The police give out tickets but it doesn't seem to stop many of them.

I love showers, but I hate getting dry again. I ususally stay in showers for bout 20 minutes coz I love the water :irked: But my hair is quite long and fuzzy so I have to dry it carefully, and I hate getting dry and dressed again, it's boring.

*sighs* showers...! I haven't had one in a week as our boiler's leaking and might well take another week to get fixed. Now that I'm reduced to washing with cold tap water and asking OH to wash my hair with water from the kettle, I promise I will no longer complain about the boringness of showers...!!

YES! I agree! It's such a boring chore. I have so many other things I'd rather be doing with my time!

Kylie! I thought I was alone in my hate for showers. :irked:

I think I didn't explain myself well enough when I was describing the shower thing. I hate both the showering and the drying part, but what I really meant was the that in addition to these two operations being boring, they also seem really illogical. You're dry to begin with, but then you get youself wet so you can dry yourself again (okay, you do get clean somewhere along the way). It's like ... eating and then vomiting? (No offense to people with ed).

Bookjumper, that must be awful. I hope you get your boiler fixed real soon :lol:

Edited by frankie