What really bugs you?

Chimera

• Replies 977
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:lol: that's cool! Those things are fab though!

Noisy inconsiderate neighbours bug me, there's a young couple upstairs, who when I first moved in, used to play their music/guitar hero so loud that it would vibrate through my walls and I couldn't even hear my TV! Someone must have had a word with them though as they've been really quiet for the past few weeks. It annoys me that people can be that self centred in the first place though!

Noisy inconsiderate neighbours bug me, there's a young couple upstairs, who when I first moved in, used to play their music/guitar hero so loud that it would vibrate through my walls and I couldn't even hear my TV!

A friend of mine had a similar problem with a neighbour who would play loud music well into the night. Turns out they weren't morning people though, so it stopped after he played The Imperial March from Star Wars at high volume before he left for work in the mornings - they soon got the message!

A friend of mine had a similar problem with a neighbour who would play loud music well into the night. Turns out they weren't morning people though, so it stopped after he played The Imperial March from Star Wars at high volume before he left for work in the mornings - they soon got the message!

:lol: That is absolutely brilliant!! Unfortunately I don't have a sound system to repay the pleasure. I did take to banging my kitchen cupboards rather loudly first thing in the morning though, as they don't work :(

Going back to the topic of people not washing their hands after going to the toilet, I can think of something a bit worse than touching door handles after them!

I work in a supermarket and I have seen staff members not washing their hands after using the toilet! These people are checkout staff, shelf stackers, cafe staff, BAKERY staff!! It is disgusting! These people are handling food that you are going to eat! :lol:

Going back to the topic of people not washing their hands after going to the toilet, I can think of something a bit worse than touching door handles after them!

I work in a supermarket and I have seen staff members not washing their hands after using the toilet! These people are checkout staff, shelf stackers, cafe staff, BAKERY staff!! It is disgusting! These people are handling food that you are going to eat! :lol:

I work in the bakery of a well known supermarket and I wouldnt dream of not washing my hands but I have witnessed other members of staff from other counters not washing hands :D its an automatic thing..isnt it :(:dunno:

I work in the bakery of a well known supermarket and I wouldnt dream of not washing my hands but I have witnessed other members of staff from other counters not washing hands :D its an automatic thing..isnt it :(:dunno:

Ewwwwww :lol: people can be so disgusting!!! This does not help my other people's hygeine OCD :lol:

I work in the bakery of a well known supermarket and I wouldnt dream of not washing my hands but I have witnessed other members of staff from other counters not washing hands :D its an automatic thing..isnt it :D:dunno:

And that is why you always wash your produce before you eat it... yesh... It's bad enough seeing someone sneeze and then grab an apple and put it back, but the employees? That's just awful.

I think more people have noticed at our place now as on the toilet door there is a step by step guide on HOW TO WASH YOUR HANDS!!

At the age the staff are you would have thought they would know by now?! Its not like its something that takes ages to do.

I hate people being in my house. I know that sounds weird, but I like my space. From Thursday to Saturday I'm going to be with my best mate 24/7 - having no time alone, which is going to be difficult enough. Now due to her good for nothing boyfriend not telling her he won't be around tomorrow, she has to come to my house from 2pm to 10pm. Tomorrow was supposed to be a quiet relaxation day once I'd finished cleaning the house and doing various bits online. Now I'm going to have to get up extra early to clean everything as I don't want her to see it, and I'm going to have to find some way to amuse her for 8 hours. I'm so annoyed!!

I completely get that Roxi! As much as I like/love family and friends, I also prefer my own space and get a little resentful sometimes when I have to be all social. Luckily it doesn't happen very often these days. I must have driven away all my friends. :D

I'm with you, Kylie. And come to think of it, we didn't have house guests that much when I was growing up, either. Well, of course at the Estate, but that's different. Normally we would, and I still do, just put them up in a hotel. No stay-in guests.

I only make the exception to very few, close friends whom I know I can tolerate 24/7.

In fact, the last time I went to NY, DD asked "which hotel are you staying in?" I was like "erm... at Dad's? It's this new place, reeeeeaaaaally close to where you are." *laughs*

Today it was the old boy who delivers the free local newspaper......for heavens sake does it have to bang down my letter box as he throws it through and nearly give this old bird a heart attack :D

Oh Sue I hear you! Our postman is like that, he puts the mail through and then slams the letterbox down!:D

People who spend every penny they have stupidly.

My mate who is going to Dublin with me doesn't get paid til Friday, and has very little money going up tomorrow. In fact, after her bus fair, she will have €18 left to feed herself from this afternoon until friday morning. As a result, I am paying all €120 for the hotel, cash, out of my money, tomorrow. I'm doing this as a favour to her as she will pay me back on Friday.

What does she say to me this morning? 'Can we go to Claire's Accessories today, I want to buy something.'

How about NO? How about you either give me whatever it is you can apparently spare so I'm not chalking out €120 for the hotel, or more sensibily, how about you spend it on keeping yourself fed for the next 36 hours?

Unfortunately Roxi lots of people dont have any money sense. I use a local shop and they have no end of problems with people trying it on. i alwys pay cash there so there is no problem. If i dont have the cash then tough I cant buy. Some people think ill put crd in and he wont notice - fat chance.

Poor Michelle :irked::D

I hate dentists too - when I was a child, one was giving me an injection in the roof my my mouth and apparently hit something called the optic nerve? Optics are to do with eyes, but either way it was incredibly painful and i practically leapt out of the chair. I was only about 8 and utterly traumatised after the experience :D