Which book from Harry Potter?

atticjnr

Which book from the Harry Potter series would you most like to be released for real?  

2 members have voted

1. 1. Which book from the Harry Potter series would you most like to be released for real?

• A History of Magic by Bathilda Bagshot
    • A Guide to Medieval Sorcery
    • The Monster Book of Monsters
    • Hogwarts: A History
    • Magical Me by Gilderoy Lockhart
    • Secrets of the Darkest Art
    • Other.. (please state which in a post)

I was just wondering which book mentioned in the Harry Potter series you would most like to be released as a real book. I think this every time I read a book title in one of the Harry Potter books and just wanted to know what everyone else thinks. I definatly would like to read Hogwarts: A History or A History of Magic.

If you vote other, please state which book you would like to read.

Edited by atticjnr
took something out.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know exactly what you mean Roxi. I added a poll and also, I'm glad you think this is a good thread as it's my first proper thread and poll.

It was a hard decision as being the poll creator, they are all in there because I want to read them all. However, like Nightwish I voted Hogwarts: A History because I'd love to know the ins and outs of Hogwarts. Sounds really interesting.

(Maybe I am a little too in-to Harry Potter atm; I am re-reading them all at the moment to be fair.)

The first two were never my favourites so it has been a bit boring, but I know it will pick up with the next book :lol: I went to my boyfriends house today, showed him my battered copy of CoS that I have had since I was 11 (I'm now 19) and he won't let me swap mine for his beautiful copy :lol:

I've always wanted to read Moste Potente Potions (where Hermione found the Polyjuice potion).

Years ago, I was doing an Harry Potter quiz and someone thought they would catch me out with a tricky question, asking which book Hermione found the Polyjuice potion in, and because I'd listened to HP books on CD read by Stephen Fry, I'd absorbed this piece of info by osmosis. It's always stayed with me since then, and I've wanted to read the whole book to see what else can be achieved with the use of the strongest potions available to the magical world.

Will do :lol:

Back on topic, do you think JK will ever write another spin off book? I would love her to but feel like she shouldn't as that just gives us hope that there will be new Potter books :lol:

If she ever does write Magical Me I would hope it is like reading something Clarkson writes. They are both arrogant :lol:

I also think Lockhart is a bit like David Brent. Unaware of himself, naive and very slightly vulnerable.

I would love her to write Magical Me though. Or any spin off for that matter. I will read it, although I still need to get Quidditch Through The Ages and the other one (Beasts or something).

I was going to include Moste Potente Potions chesilbeach as I would also like to have a copy. Just to see what the potions could actually do!

Hogwarts: A History without a doubt! :lol: I love that castle so much. And the way Hermione goes on about it, it must be something special!

I've also been re-reading the series, not in order though, finished CoS yesterday :lol:

I voted A History of Magic by Bathilda Bagshot, though I would love to read Hogwarts: A History too...A comprehensive history of magic would probably explain a lot of things which are only hinted in the books, even if regarding the ancient sort of magic, the one in which Harry himself is concerned I think the reader of the HP series knows more than the wizard comunity...

P.S. how much for no one voting Lockhart?

My problem with this, is I would love for them all to be published for different reasons. I imagine if I was given the stack of them, I would be much like Harry when he entered Diagon Alley for the first time ever. It was all a completely new world to him too.

I haven't read the books, but I'm joining the conversation because I've seen the films. ;)

I would love to read that fur-covered book that so viciously attacks everything if not handled with care. It would also make a very good pet and perhaps a good security system. :roll: