Lost Mojo Support Group

Guest ii

Do not be sad mon ami, for I have just taken out two dozen fudge surprise cookies, oui in the shape of hearts.And they smell like from my grandmere's kitchen.So little one help yourself, and here let me hand you a pretty linen napkin.

The rest of you help yourselves, for me, I rarely eat cookies. :)

Do not be sad mon ami, for I have just taken out two dozen fudge surprise cookies, oui in the shape of hearts.And they smell like from my grandmere's kitchen.So little one help yourself, and here let me hand you a pretty linen napkin.

The rest of you help yourselves, for me, I rarely eat cookies. :)

I am EXTREMELY hungry right now. mmm those sound delicious:lol:

My mojo's back!! after more than a month it has finally returned! *happy little dance*

What did it? Not my old favourites, not not freshly bought authors, not even Hugo. no, no, it was a confidential, as yet unpublished, well known to this board, author :)

And now I'm fully immersed in The N

Terrific news, Chimera!

My reading mojo is back with a vengeance too. I'd been struggling to get through 4 books a month, but now, 5 days into May, I'm about to start my third book! :)

thank you Genevieve! :) I have an album full of similar pictures of them on my profile page. They look a bit like club bouncers in this one though so I like to think of them as my minders! :D Some of the others are very cute though :)

• 2 weeks later...

My mojo upped and went again, blasted thing. To think I was doing so well, I had a couple of weeks of reading Pratchett's "The Truth" everywhere, two pages on the bus, that kind of thing, made about 100pp of further progress... and I've dried up again. Life is depressingly complicated at the minute and (whereas I used to be able to delve into books to forget depressingly complicated reality), stupid reality is refusing to be forgotten, making me utterly unable to concentrate. I can't read, I can't write, I can't engage in any sort of creative activity without my mind wandering towards less pleasurable things. Aaaaaaaargh.

I can has cookie?

I can has cookie?

You can have a double big cookie. :friends0:

Re writing mojo, have you tried a freestyle approach? Either alone or with a friend start writing random words on paper, try keeping your mind 'flat' and let it just flow. This can be extraordinary with a friend taking turns to write a word each - the flow gets very funky! You can also do the letter at a time approach (with a friend) and see what words form.

Reading mojo? keeo at it, magazine, newspaper, on line articles, cereal packets, forum threads, whatever, just keep reading words.

I've lost it again, last time was around begining of April I've read 10 books between then and now one after the other.

Am trying to get through No Country for Old Men but it's a struggle, lately I've been listening to my mp3 player on the train instead of reading.

• 5 weeks later...

My mojo has really fallen out with me, I've not read anything for weeks now apart from work related stuff. I did manage to read about 50 pages this morning but I would prefer that to be at least 100 pages a day.

Mine hasn't gone, it's just wavering a bit. I thought with breaking up from school 2 weeks ago, I'd be reading loads, but haven't had much chance.. only read 1 and half since breaking up. Anyway, maybe it'll pick up. :lol:

• 2 months later...

Mine's been gone for a while now, I haven't even had the urge to step into a bookstore! I've been stuck on this Agatha Christie book that I just cannot finish, I should know by now not read the same author one after the other.

I do have 3 weeks holiday coming up though! Just in time as Spring weather has started :lol:

Aw, I hope your mojo comes back in time for your holiday, Paperplane! I have two weeks off coming up and plan to get a lot of reading done (and book-buying - the main event in my holiday is the Canberra Lifeline bookfair).

Edited by Kylie