Darling, Delectable, Delicious Dexter

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right, so I'm heading into Doncaster tomorrow to Waterstones to buy the last 2 books in the series. Definately excited to get them & read them.

On a seperate note: Anyone up for Dear Dexter & the darling, devoted Dexterettes?

Right, so I'm heading into Doncaster tomorrow to Waterstones to buy the last 2 books in the series. Definately excited to get them & read them.

About bloody time! :)

On a seperate note: Anyone up for Dear Dexter & the darling, devoted Dexterettes?

Absolutely! Count me in, you go ahead and set it up, you're good at things like that :D

Me me me me!!!! MEEE!!

Good thing you're finally getting the books! It's been ages!

Edit: Also, where is everyone with these books, meaning when are you going to read the third installment and the fourth? It would be nice to try to read them together, if that's possible. I'm quite flexible.

Me, too & it would be good to read them together. I have 1 book I absolutely have to read before I can start them, but after that, I'm good to go.

So, what do we want to call this social group? Darling Delectable, Delicious Dexter like this, or something different? Suggestions, please!

I have to read the 1st and the 2nd book before moving on to the third because it's been ages since I read them and to be honest I've forgotten so much about the books. I don't think that'll create a problem though as I'm eager to read them so should be able to read them quite quickly :)

Well, I think I'm giving up reading The Vampire Lestat because I just can't seem to make any headway :motz: I'm going to have to read the first two Dexies first but I'm thinking I'll manage that real quick so I guess what I'm saying is that let's get cracking?? At least I'm up for it :motz:

I can't believe I've actually waited for this for so long, it was probably 2 months ago that the books arrived :censored:

Oh man you're gonna wait for me? Oh in that case I promise that I'm gonna finish them tomorrow and if I haven't, you can just go ahead and I'll catch up. Does that sound okay? Because if you're really really wanting to read them already even today I won't mind you starting beforehand :censored:

Alright alright!! :welcome: I'm gonna write a couple of posts and them I'm off the forum and will read Dexie, watch Frasier and then read Dexie some more. Damn my mojo is sooo back with Dexter, Vampire Lestat was really killing my reading urges.

Edit: I just had to come back to say that I'm reading the first book and the whole time I've been reading I've been thinking "Wow is was even better than I remembered. This is way _funnier_ than I remembered!" Me happy!

Edited by frankie

I've just bought Darkly Dreaming Dexter (please tell me this is the first book in the series......they all sound the same!) so I'm going to get cracking with that in a few days (booooooo uni work!) It looks like it wouldn't take too long to get through unlike Lestat......it really was hard work Frankie!!

I've seen the first two series of Dexter on TV so I know the general jist :welcome: