Darling, Delectable, Delicious Dexter

Thanks for clearing that up, Ceinwenn! I might read the first book and see how it differs. :friends0:

Frankie, I completely agree with what you said in your spoiler.

Doakes was really annoying, but it was funny because he had the measure of Dexter and knew something was up. It was sort of weird because Dexter should have been the villain but we were rooting for him, and the other way round for Doakes, who was doing the right thing. I didn't see how Dexter was going to get out of it himself, though, as he would only have been truly safe by killing Doakes, but he couldn't really do that as he knew he was a good guy. Lilah was very convenient! It was awful the way Doakes nearly escaped but then didn't make it. :hug:

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mia :friends0:

It was so weird that he was the only one who caught up with Dexter and when he let it show, people hated him for that! Eventhough he was right. Poor Doakes. But you really got to give him creadit for not backing down when he knew everyone was against him on this one. He knew there was something fishy going on and he didn't rest until he found out what it was.

Also, I think he was so sweet when he has a crush on Debra. I think he would have made a great guy for her. One of the best scenes in Dexter was the one when Doakes was going to visit his Mom (season 1) for dinner and Debra decided to join, and she owned it! Wow, I could go on and on about this... :hug:

Oooh and by the way,

Lila was indeed incredibly convenient, I'm glad it was her and not Dexter who had to finish the job. And even when they found the body pieces near the house I was still hoping it was someone else and not Doakes...

Same here about

hoping it wasn't Doakes's body!

But what I want to know is, when Dexter murdered Lila in Paris, did he just leave the body to be found? I don't see how he could have removed it without being seen, but perhaps Lila could have been traced back to Dexter? Unless that's going to be addressed in the next series. Anyway, Lila's death was undeservedly quick, considering she was going to murder those poor kids and had killed others.

Oh Frankie, I'm so jealous! I asked my OH if he thought we could stretch to me buying a couple of books this weekend & he said sure, especially as he's off out with friends this weekend - again!

Dexter books are such an important investment that one shouldn't really consider the cost. And you'll enjoy them for life so I think your OH was right to agree with your buying the new Dexter books. I hope you get them soon :irked:

Ok that's it. I'm definately going to treat myself this weekend. Damn it I deserve it after having suffered without my broadband for so long! :motz: I'm sure Delectable Dexter will make me feel much better :)

I read Darkly Dreaming Dexter from Charm's recommendation and really enjoyed it! :D I have the next waiting TBR.

I'm so glad you enjoyed it :smile2: The next one is even better!

Same here about

hoping it wasn't Doakes's body!

But what I want to know is, when Dexter murdered Lila in Paris, did he just leave the body to be found? I don't see how he could have removed it without being seen, but perhaps Lila could have been traced back to Dexter? Unless that's going to be addressed in the next series. Anyway, Lila's death was undeservedly quick, considering she was going to murder those poor kids and had killed others.

I'm so glad to see other people who like Doakes too :smile2:

OMG, I hadn't even thought about what you said about

Lila's body. I guess I just figured that she was in Paris and it wouldn't affect Dexter in any way but what you made of it makes sense and you might be right. Oh no I don't think I can cope with another season where Dexter is targeted. Although I guess it's one of the main themes in this show, Dexter avoiding being busted..

Now I really feel like watching season 3!!

Edited by frankie
typos

Ok that's it. I'm definately going to treat myself this weekend. Damn it I deserve it after having suffered without my broadband for so long! :) I'm sure Delectable Dexter will make me feel much better :irked:

Go ahead, make your day.

:smile2: Seriously, you deserve Dexter time! You've been working so hard with the move and the house.

Well, I meant considering the current economic situation, lol & especially as I came home to 3 books being delivered to me the other day & he made comment that I could stop buying books now, lol!