All new What's for dinner?

Nici

I think it's a more northern thing for sure. I've met people who aren't from the north and every one calls it 'dinner' - i'm confused myself ;)

I'm thinking about making a potato salad with something :)

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I still call it tea even when i'm 'corrected' >_> haha. My evidence is that when i was at school, it was always 'school dinner' so why would evening meal be called the same thing!

Mine is similar to yours Rawr. In Canada everyone calls it either Supper or Dinner, depending where you grew up. In my neck of the woods we called it supper. (We've eaten & tonight we had homemade chicken stew)

I call it dinner. But some Irish people do call it tea.

I just had an O Briens sandwich - glorious, and theres B&J Cookie Dough in for dessert.

And Sarah: Your family is from Hull? Small world. One of the few people I know in England lives near Hull.

(I say tea and dinner. And din dins if I'm talking to my nieces & nephew) ;)

Haha yeah I say dindins when I'm speaking to animals or being silly.

I call it dinner. But some Irish people do call it tea.

I just had an O Briens sandwich - glorious, and theres B&J Cookie Dough in for dessert.

And Sarah: Your family is from Hull? Small world. One of the few people I know in England lives near Hull.

Aw glad you had some good food! :tong: Yeah my mum is from Hull and my dad is from Scotland-Stirling but I was brought up more southernly in Coventry :lol: I like having family all over, makes you feel like the whole country is your home and you can travel easier without feeling homesick.

I think it's a more northern thing for sure. I've met people who aren't from the north and every one calls it 'dinner' - i'm confused myself :)

Yes definitely northern thing.

I had pasta with mushrooms and cheese and loads of pepper again - yummy:D

Mine is similar to yours Rawr. In Canada everyone calls it either Supper or Dinner, depending where you grew up. In my neck of the woods we called it supper. (We've eaten & tonight we had homemade chicken stew)

Haha.. my family called it "supper" when I was growing up, too. I've been out of the house so long that everyone around me always called it "dinner," and that's always what I say now. It's funny to go back home and hear my dad say "What do you want for supper?" now. :)

I'm so glad you got something yummy for dinner! I was worried about ya!

Last night we had veggie stir fry.. Tonight, we're having spaghetti. I'm practicing my cooking skills.. no fires yet! ;)

Am currently making mash potato, gravy, mushy peas and frying some diced turkey. :smile2:

Tonight I'm running to this new place in town called Mort's Deli for takeout and I'm excited since it's super-yummy! It's an Eastern-European place but I've only been there once before and I'm dying to try something new! Can't wait :welcomebcf:.