Once....

BattyOldMaid

...upon a time, I stumbled across a Book Club Forum and felt I had to introduce myself to fellow readers.

Hello, I'm Batty from South Wales, UK, originally from Newcastle Upon Tyne but moved to live with my husband.

I'm a stay at home housewife and mother of a 6 and 4 year old boys, and a 10 month old girl.

I've been an avid reader since I was small, my family are huge book readers, so I've had many diverse topic. It wasn't until my Uncle Geoff introduced me to James Herbert and out of print murder story set in an Abbey.

I've just finished off reading The Portent and Nobody True by James Herbert. I'm just about making a start on his "Haunted".

I guess if I had to say which book was my favourite, I would have to say either "A mother's secret" by Carolyn Haddad or "TickTock" which is the one I first read and became hooked on the authors style of writing.

Pleased to have found this site and hope to get to know more of you as I go around the forum finding treasures of a read.

Batty

Wow!!! So many response in such a short time! Fantastic! Yep, going to feel at home here.

In a way I'm glad I've had children, the expenses on books were very low!! I know I could have taken some books out of the library, but I find I don't read better when I have a deadline to adhere to. Not to mention being teed off when I get to the important page only to find it has been torn off by some spiteful people.

Baggiesfan, I'm sure I'll meet you around sometime, as there are questions I'd like to put across about James Herbert style of writing, just as with Dean Koontz as I feel they have veered towards one side of the spiritual realm right now. But that's for another day!!

Batty

LOL thanks, in regards with my user name, Batty because I am to some, weird as well most of the time. (philosophies differ from the norm) and Old Maid has always and will always be my favourite Bette Davis film.

I guess I'm very much into Black and white films, as they are always the best - in my opinion. My favourite actors and actresses are from that era, Bette Davis and James Cagney era.

Whoops, not a Movie forum so I'll shut up!

Batty

Welcome to the forum, Batty! I watched my first Bette Davis movie recently, All About Eve, which I thought was brilliant, and I look forward to seeing her in other movies. I'll have to look out for Old Maid!