Cross stitch

lexiepiper

I printed out the biscornu patterns yesterday, so hopefully I get to start that today. I just want to get my knitting done first, it's in the very last stages. (see my blog about that one *laughs*)

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 669
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've kinda gone of the boil again with mine...not sure why. Have to get my mojo back again as they say. Started my wee cottages but haven't picked it up in a few weeks. Ho hum :) You are all putting me to shame, especially you Kell and your whizzing stitches. How many projects have you on the go! :)

• 3 weeks later...

I have FIVE current works in progress. Here are pics of my progress on four of them (the fifth is for someone who visits this forum, so I'm holding off on showing that one till it's with its new owner!).

Wedding Sampler:

02progress.th.jpg

Bold Blooms (magazine freebie kit):

2progress.th.jpg

Stitching Friends SAL Exchange:

01progress.th.jpg

Dragon Silhouette (for competition):

01progress.th.jpg

I'm mostly concentrating on the dragon silhouette (which I designed myself for the competition) as the deadline is the end of the month. After that it'll be back to concentrating on the wedding sampler (deadline is start of September) with some light relief from the other, smaller projects when I need a bit of a break. They're all very different pieces, so the variety keeps me interested. :blush:

• 4 weeks later...

How is everyone getting on with their little projects. I have to confess I haven't been doing any. I will take it on holiday with me and maybe get some done then when I have some quiet time to concentrate!

Well I'm over half way through my poppy picture, just started a silk-shading project, just completed a small hardanger which needs turning into something, (?a small cushion or needle case) and been doing some dress making.

• 2 weeks later...

I know it's odd to be thinking of it in July, but I started stitching for some of my Xmas cards last night! :lol:

I finished my first design - a stylished Xmas tree in a variegated green floss on a hand-dyed piece of 28-count linen with pale shades of green through it. I'm very pleased with how it turned out!

I will be on the lookout for more small, pretty designs for Xmas cards. I already have another tree one and a couple that are meant fo ornaments that say things like "Peace" and "Joy" that I'm considering using...

Confession time! I took my cross stitch with me on hols and didn't even take it out the box. I kept saying to myself to do it, but got so involved with a 'certain book', I spent any spare time reading :lurker:

I am impressed you have started Xmas cards Kell. ;)

I took a few peices of hand-dyed linen and Six Strand Sweet flosses with me to do a few snowflake designs while Xander was napping. I completed two and did about half of a third one. ;)

I haven't done any cross stitch for four years now, but for about 10 years before that, I was completely addicted. I've only got two pictures on display, plus one that was handy, so I've taken some photos of those, but there are many others stored away as well. I used to mainly do large projects, so everyone would get a large picture or cushion for birthdays and Christmas, plus at Christmas, I would make about 50 cards every year for family and friends.

Most of the projects I did were from Mary Hickmott's New Stitches magazine, which I used to get every month. The last piece I stitched was as a thank you for some special people, and since then I've completely lost interest in it as a hobby. Maybe one day I'll start again, but I can't see it at the moment.

As I had the camera out, here are the photos of the pictures that were to hand (apologies for the dust!).

post-2032-127972301313_thumb.jpg

post-2032-127972301315_thumb.jpg

post-2032-127972301317_thumb.jpg

They're great, Chesil! I picked up a New Stitches mag at the weekend and there are some lovely stained glass/art deco style floral designs I think I'd like to do as well as some hardanger squares I might give a go - I've never done hardanger before...

Thanks everyone! The one of the five ladies was only the second piece I'd ever done. My very first piece was a little acorn design in a card from a NT shop when I was on holiday, just to see if I liked it. I loved it so much that I picked up my first copy of New Stitches magazine and saw the first two Victorian ladies, and knew I wanted to sew them. When I realised you could sew them all on one picture, I decided I would give it a go - never mind the fact it was a massive picture compared to my first little card!

I have so many threads and fabrics in the house still, but I have just completely lost interest in it.

Wow good to see this thread because today whilst shopping for some holiday bits I picked up some crss stitching kits! Used to do it ages ago but never really got much finished so really want to try again! I have loved looking through this thread at everyone else's projects, really great!

Way to go, Library Nook! I hope you'll enjoy your projects. I keep collecting all the free kits on my cross stitch magazines and put them to one side for occasions when I'm going away somewhere and want something little to take with me. :lol: