Cross stitch

lexiepiper

• Replies 669
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ooo...I love it Kate, what a lovely wee island that would be to visit. I saw those cross stitch on one to the links on here. I would love to get some of those.

Look forward to seeing it finished Kate.

Diane, yours is lovely

Thanks Kate. I have just had a look at the website and I want everything. There are wonderful kits on here and I noticed more bookmarks how many does a house need....lol. I love these flowers and pots and you can do them as cushions too. So tempting to order something from here :lol:

I've decided to do an Easter sweetie bag for my niece too. She gets HEAPS of Easter eggs, so I thought I'd stitch her a little bag with a decorate egg on the front and fill it with her favourite sweeties instead. She's getting a DVD as her main prezzie (THe Jungle Book - she's dying to see it, apparently!).

Thanks Kate. I have just had a look at the website and I want everything. There are wonderful kits on here and I noticed more bookmarks how many does a house need....lol. I love these flowers and pots and you can do them as cushions too. So tempting to order something from here :lol:

I know, I love that site - trying to convince my BF I need another one! So far I've done these ones from the site:

Windmill

Watermill

Mini Venice Bridge

Mini Greek Island 1

I know, I love that site - trying to convince my BF I need another one! So far I've done these ones from the site:

Windmill

Watermill

Mini Venice Bridge

Mini Greek Island 1

Love them all Kate. Do the colours come out as nice as they look on the site Kate? What is P&P like when you order?

Actually I'm thinking maybe one of the little Tuscan cottages, as I have a friend who has a place in Tuscany and it is her birthday in December. That would make a nice card for her!

Edited by Inver

I nipped into John Lewis and picked up a few more things to supplement my cross stitch stash (things to finish off my needle case and stuff for my 15-sided biscornu), and then nipped into WH Smith and bought two new cross stitch magazines, each with a free gift on the front cover, so even MORE to stitch now! Dale is going to go mad! :lol:

I have held back recently after a few choice purchases from Hobbycraft and e-bay. There's only so much 'I wonder how that got there?' that I can do.

I've very nearly finished my current Tatty Teddy bear and I'm hoping to make a start on the biscornu shortly, although I do have a wide array of things to choose from at the moment.

BTW, back stitching is a pain in the rear!

I was shopping, and came upon a charming hard cover book of cross stitch, all of teddy bears in different settings and backgrounds.So tender and full of fantasy. I fell in love with the book, oui, and hope to start a few projects after Easter.

BTW, back stitching is a pain in the rear!

But the finished effect is worth it don't you think and you always know you are nearly finished once you get to that stage

Love them all Kate. Do the colours come out as nice as they look on the site Kate? What is P&P like when you order?

Actually I'm thinking maybe one of the little Tuscan cottages, as I have a friend who has a place in Tuscany and it is her birthday in December. That would make a nice card for her!

They are just as lovely. I don't remember P&P being too bad, although you can buy some in the shops

I designed my niece's Easter egg bag today - just a simple design as I won't have much time to stitch it - we're visiting in about a week! :irked:

I am almost finished my other bookmark I started, but have discovered that it won't actually fit in the card that came with it so will have to try and adapt it a bit :D. A bit annoyed with that, however should be able to fix it.

I have also started this one of Fife Houses that I have had for years. While I was looking through a box I found in our cupboard I came across my cross stitch things, and have found a few unopened little projects I could start that I had completely forgotten I had. Some are ones that came free with cross stitch mags etc. Oh what fun. :eek2:

Edited by Inver

Aha! I have those naughty cat charts too - we have the same magazine! ;) They're so cute, aren't they? And I love your Greek island x-stitch - it's so peaceful-looking. :)

I just ordered a bunch of flosses to start work on a wedding sampler that I need to complete and frame by 5 September. I already have the fabric (pale lilac 16-ct aida), so once the floss arrives, I can get started. :lol: