Cross stitch

lexiepiper

I have just gone back to the first page of this thread and it was interesting to see how many projects people were doing/are doing and how many promises I made myself :lol: It seems I was going to order bookmarks and do a little tuscany house for my friend's birthday in December! :lol: Better get on and order it if I can find it again...lol.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 669
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That balloon is lovely! I started another new project last night which shouldn't take very long to complete (I made quite a good start on it). It will become one side of a cushion for my Grom.

Thanks Kell. Your projects all look great and you must be really dedicated to manage to finish all your items. I take my hat off to you. I'm like Inver and have lots of good intentions!:lol:

Oh, I haven't finished all of them - there are quite a few marked "in progress" - several of which have been untouched for months now! I keep getting sidetracked by new projects and at present I have about half a dozen or so on the go. I really should be working on the wedding sampler, but I'm enjoying the cherry blossoms project at the moment and want to do some more of that, I reckon I could finish it in another couple of days. After that, I'll have to force myself to alternate between the wedding sampler and other projects including the afghan. :lol:

I still think that's pretty amazing Kell and at least you can certainly say you are finishing many of them. I suppose by having lots on the go means you are less likely to loose interest. I suppose that's why I've done a couple of small ones before I pick my cat up again. I do so want to finish it and keep telling myself even if it's a few stitches a day it will get done. Although I can't remember when I last did a few stitches. I love the look of all the little projects and can spend loads of time just looking at them and then not pick up a needle. I need help! :lol:

Nicola - if you really love the design, then chances are you'll complete it. The secret to finishing the projects is to really enjoy it and have fun. I've known of complete newbies who chose to do really very complicated designs for their first project and finished them because they thought the design was so beautiful and fun to work on. Whereas, I've known others start with a small, simple project and never finish as they get bored and lose interest.

Ooooh I hope you're right Kell! I like to make things from fabric like the odd cushion and even clothes so fingers crossed it all goes well. I'd also really love to learn how to knit :lol:

Those are gorgeous! So cute! And I love the Discworld Death one - I have a couple of Discworkd charts but it'll be some time before I feel ready to attempt them as they're very large and are complete-cover designs that are very detailed with loads of colours. See HERE.

• 3 weeks later...

I was wondering if anyone knew where I could get some very pale blue aida (14 ct) flecked with white.

I have this months 'Cross Stitch Crazy' magazine and they have some lovely designs for xmas cards. They are stitched on this lovely fabric and I just can't find it anywhere. It has all the info about what threads to use but nothing on the fabric.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. :lol:

My Mam taught me when I was a teenager. It's not like knitting though - it's a kind of embroidery stitch where each stitch looks like an X.

There's a great little "how to" guide HERE, complete with an instructional videa.

There are several choices:

1. You can buy pre-finished bookmarks with the edgings already sorted out - you just stitch on the pattern.

2. You can fray the edges and back it with cloth, felt or sticky-backed felt (or leave it unbacked if it's particularly neat!).

3. You can do one pattern for the front and one for the back then whip-stitch them together.

I've done all three of these and they all worked fine.

Another option is to use either plastic canvas (which obviously doesn't fray) or perforated paper. With the perforated paper, you can stick your finished design onto some pretty backing card to finish it.

• 1 month later...

Well...promises promises....I haven't done any cross stitch in ages again. Thought I got my mojo for it back but it has disappeared.:tong: Anyone doing anything for Xmas projects.

Kell ~ what about all those you were doing for presents?