Swapping lives with a character

BrainFreeze

It's interesting how people seem to be approaching this from two very different angles... Maybe one of our psychology students can say if we can draw some conclusions from that?

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'd be Elizabeth Bennet in Pride and Prejudice. Married to Mr. Darcy? Yes please!!!

Well who else but Elizabeth Bennett? Just think of Darcy!!! :(

Same here, gotta love Mr Darcy (so long as he looks like Colin Firth :()

Any of the Famous Five, it would be great to solve mysteries and have lashings of ginger beer after.

ooh yes sounds fab, or someone from the Chalet School books

Harry Potter *sigh* I just want to see real magic!!!

but then again..... sounds ace

Actually, thinking again, I might like to swap with Thursday Next (from the Thursday Next novels by Jasper Fforde) for the day - then I could go into all my favourite books and meet all my favourite characters - that would be fun!

And this was my grown up idea.

So now am going for the Darcy theme although don't fancy him so as have been in love with Aragorn since I was 10 has to be Arwen from LOTR. But I will change my mind

LOVE this question.. so creative and fun! :lol:

I'd pick to be Katie Fisher from Jodi Picoult's "Plain Truth".. I'd love to spend a day on an Amish farm and see just how "plain" it really is.. Fascinating!

OR...

I just started the book, but in "Eat Pray Love," I'm sure there are going to be points when I wouldn't mind being the author, Elizabeth Gilbert as she travels through Bali and Rome and India

I would choose to be Daniel Sempere from The Shadow Of The Wind. Not because I would especially like to be Daniel but because He is friends with Fermin Romero de Torres, one of my favourite characters. To spend a day with him and listen to his forthright views on politics, women, and religion I think would be a very interesting day:D.

Sorcha from "Daughter of the Forest" the first book in the Sevenwaters series by Juliet Marillier.... when she was a child, though - as her challenges came along as she grew into womanhood.

I'd have loved to live in Ancient Ireland (just as Christianity was making itself felt) as part of the life of the land. Believing still in the "old faith" and knowing encyclopedia's-worth about herbs and magic. Druidism, in short. Not to mention enjoying the wonderful childhood she experienced with her brothers - running wild about their father's land!

The only trouble is - I'd take it for granted, just as she did. :blush:

Booknutt

Patrick Bateman - just to see exactly how mixed up he is, whether the things that happen around him are for real or only in his head.

Also - to get to go to some of the seriously O.T.T social gatherings he attends!

Alternatively - i'd like to be Pug/Milamber from the Raymond Feists Riftwar saga - it would have to be in middle age though after he's done his training - no point being a magician for a day if it's when you're still learning...........

Edited by mister.g

Patrick Bateman - just to see exactly how mixed up he is, whether the things that happen around him are for real or only in his head.

Also - to get to go to some of the seriously O.T.T social gatherings he attends!

Alternatively - i'd like to be Pug/Milamber from the Raymond Feists Riftwar saga - it would have to be in middle age though after he's done his training - no point being a magician for a day if it's when you're still learning...........

If it's all the same with you, I'd rather you was the second character and not the first :17: - just in case it's not all in Patrick Bateman's head...;)

I, am still trying to decide who I'd swap lives with - weeks after setting this question!:lol:

• 3 months later...

A bit childish I know but when I was younger I always wished I was Silky from the faraway tree and everyday visit amazing lands that will suprise me! Just imagine...Chocoalte land...Magic Land... Topsy Turvey land! Oh I love Enid Blyton! Why can't these stories be real! -Cries-

A bit childish I know but when I was younger I always wished I was Silky from the faraway tree and everyday visit amazing lands that will suprise me! Just imagine...Chocoalte land...Magic Land... Topsy Turvey land! Oh I love Enid Blyton! Why can't these stories be real! -Cries-

Not in the least bit childish! Actually I still hadn't made my mind up who'd I'd like to swap with - but I think you may have helped me to make up my mind!:)

I have always wanted to be Jo from Little Women, I am not sure why but it is one of my favourite childrens' books and I always wanted to be like her.