Swapping lives with a character

BrainFreeze

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't think of any grown up literary heroines I'd like to be but when I was little I so wanted to go to Malory Towers or St Clares (odd cos I hated school) .. and have midnight feasts of sausages and ginger beer and play tricks on jolly beastly girls/teachers .. so I'd like to be Darrell Rivers or Pat/Isabel O'Sullivan ... as the books were about them they got to do more than the other characters. I wouldn't want to be Gwendoline though, I'd have to lob a tin of pilchards at her.

I always wanted to go to Mallory Towers too - I remember BEGGING my parents to send me away to boarding school (although, that could also have been because I hated my own school so much - I was bullied all the time). My Dad went to a boarding school as a kid and hated it, so he was against my being sent away (and now I'm glad about that, because I probably would have hated it too!).

I always wanted to go to Mallory Towers too - I remember BEGGING my parents to send me away to boarding school (although, that could also have been because I hated my own school so much - I was bullied all the time). My Dad went to a boarding school as a kid and hated it, so he was against my being sent away (and now I'm glad about that, because I probably would have hated it too!).

Yes, in reality it would've probably been awful ... but in Enid's world it was the best.

I would love to be Claire from the Outlander series - I'm so in love with Jamie♥

I also wouldn't mind being

Artimis Fowl - little criminal mastermind

Thursday Next - Book jumping would be awesome

Ellie Linton from John Marsden's Tomorrow series - if you haven't read it do.

Hermione - just because

I suppose mine are horrendously childish to be honest :D I'd like to be one of the main characters from Enid Blyton's 'the enchanted forest'. As well as being from a time where manners were still alive, you'd get to have all those amazing adventures and share them with 2 siblings :tong: I suppose when i was a 'tween' and read the Jaqueline (sp) Wilson book 'girls in love' i wanted to be like Magda. i'm sure there other less silly ones, but these are the only ones I can think of right now! oh, haha, i just remembered, when i was little and read 'twinkle' i always wanted to be 'Nurse Nancy' who looked after the teddies in the teddy hospital.i miss being a kid lol

Thursday Next! I could only do that if I had her savvy and nerve though! So it would have to additional involve my picking and choosing from her personality traits! :tong:

And can I keep my OH? Landon does sound lovely, but I quite like my hubby! :D

I

Ellie Linton from John Marsden's Tomorrow series - if you haven't read it do.

I may have said this before, but I'm so glad someone else here has read and loved these books! I mention them periodically but I don't think I have ever convinced anyone to read them. :)

I have often wished to be Ellie...and then felt guilty because it's a strange thing to wish on oneself :)

Thursday Next for the same reasons that Chrissy and page turner already listed
May I join the club :)?

Although, I'd never want to leave the Great Library so I might not get much work done... tell you what, I've changed my mind - can I be the Cheshire Cat, Great Library librarian?

That way I get to be delightfully odd and surreal as well as bookish, and wouldn't have to leave the Library, ever!

May I join the club :)?

Although, I'd never want to leave the Great Library so I might not get much work done... tell you what, I've changed my mind - can I be the Cheshire Cat, Great Library librarian?

That way I get to be delightfully odd and surreal as well as bookish, and wouldn't have to leave the Library, ever!

Yes you may :) It's like Charlie's Angels and you be the Charlie, although this time around we're all Thursday Next's and you'll be the feline librarian :motz:

I wouldn't mind being a character in the carefree world of P.G. Wodehouse's novels - relaxing at Blandings Castle or being advised by Jeeves. I'm not too sure which character though since the guys are the ones who have all the fun! I guess being the well-traveled and colorful Galahad, or the supremely intelligent Jeeves, would be nice. If it's only for a day or two, maybe Bertie:mrgreen: or Lord Emsworth:lol:.

Well I think I'd have to be Sookie Stackhouse circa Dead to the World.....purely for the telepathic ability of course :lol::D:D

Initially I was thinking of the Vampire Lestat but I think he led quite an unhappy & lonely life.

The pain of seeing Nicholas suffering with his immortal life and his loneliness when Gabrielle left

....I think it would be too sad :lol:

When I was a kid, I always wanted to be George in The Famous Five books. As an only child, I could identify with her, and we were both tomboys, but I was also envious that she had a dog (love dogs, but allergic so couldn't have one of my own) and she had the other children to keep her company all through the school holidays, and then they all had thrilling, exciting, heavenly adventures!

As a grown up, I'm not sure I'd like to swap lives with any characters in books I read! I don't have a perfect life by any stretch of the imagination, but I can see the pitfalls of the lives that my favourite characters lead. :D

Up til this minute I wouldnt have thought to choose this person, but I would love to switch places with Molly Weasley (HP). Living with the twins, Fred and George and actually ALL the red heads would never be dull. I would love to live in her magical home and have a yard with little knombs(sp) running around. Her home just seems so cozy and she's a fierce protector of her realm. :D

I have a houseful of kids, the love and respect of my hubby and kiddos but the magical part would be crazy cool:lol:

I'd be George in Enid Blyton's Famous Five series. That was one of my absolute favourite series as a kid and I always wanted to go on big adventures, and then have bread and jam and a bottle of milk for tea! :blush: I prefer George to Anne as I'm a bit of a tomboy anyway, and the dog was hers and Uncle Quentin was her dad and they owned an island, so she was the coolest.

I would have to say Hermione Granger. It'd be cool being so clever, doing magic and hanging out with Harry and Ron.

My second choice would be Ellen Dean from Wuthering Heights. It'd be such a interesting place to spend a day but I would not want to be either of the Cathy's.

I prefer George to Anne as I'm a bit of a tomboy anyway, and the dog was hers and Uncle Quentin was her dad and they owned an island, so she was the coolest.

I camp often with friends and once the tent is up I announce that I'm going to be Anne - I'm refering to Famous Five Anne and I say it as at that point I'm going into the tent to make it homely, put beds up, etc.

• 1 year later...

I'd be Elizabeth Bennet in Pride and Prejudice. Married to Mr. Darcy? Yes please!!!

Me too.

I would love to know what he actually looks like and also I would like to go back in time to get a proper feel for the surroundings and experience the everyday life of the time. But I would like to come back to "today" by nightfall I am not sure I could cope without electricity :D

and being greedy

I would also like to be Hermione from HP, so wise for someone so young and confident too.

Edited by Easy Reader

Sara Crewe from A Little Princess by Frances Hodgson Burnet - not for the horrid bit where she's poor and is treated like rubbish, but for the bit where "the magic" happens and her room has all been done up and delicious food and hot drinks have been left for her and Becky while she slept, and she thinks she might still be dreaming then discovers she's not. It's a lovely moment. Also for the bit before her father dies - their relationship is so special and her experience of living in india before coming to school in England would be wonderful too (although we only hear a little of that after the fact, really). The total wonderment Sara experiences is just, well, wonderful! And she's such a lovely character that you want everything to work out for her - even when she's rich and well-provided for, she's never a nasty person - she always looks out for people and isn't spoiled at all. :)

• 2 weeks later...