Ceinwenn's reading 2009

Ceinwenn

I just finished reading The Rosary Girls, which was my World Book Day swap from Charm. (THANKS CHARM!) I really enjoyed this book & as soon as I have some money again I shall be buying the next in the series! (review)

Edited by Ceinwenn

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I started & finished reading Bernhard Schlink's book Homecoming over the weekend. I had set it aside when I bought it to read as my choice for Germany for my Global Reading Challenge. Wow, what a mistake I made! I am so sure I could have found a better book by a German author! I give it a 4/10. (Review)

I just finished reading The Rosary Girls, which was my World Book Day swap from Charm. (THANKS CHARM!) I really enjoyed this book & as soon as I have some money again I shall be buying the next in the series! (review)

:) Great review! I'm so glad you liked the book after all! :D

Read your review on "The Rosary Girls" .. this is on my list, too, and I'm excited to hear you liked it as well. :) When I get my hands on it, I'll keep going past the first few chapters, even if I run into the same thing you did!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I`m glad you said the re-read didn`t spoil the story for you. Like you it`s been a long time since I read The Coffin Dancer, and I really can`t remember it that well either, I might consider a re-read myself now! :)

I`m glad you said the re-read didn`t spoil the story for you. Like you it`s been a long time since I read The Coffin Dancer, and I really can`t remember it that well either, I might consider a re-read myself now! :)

There are a couple of us who are reading this at the mo, feel free to join us :D And if you're too busy to read it now, join the Lincoln Rhyme thread when you've had a chance to reread it, we'd love more comments!

There are a couple of us who are reading this at the mo, feel free to join us :) And if you're too busy to read it now, join the Lincoln Rhyme thread when you've had a chance to reread it, we'd love more comments!

I hope you`re enjoying The Coffin Dancer (I`m sure you must be!) thanks for the invite to join you, :D but at the moment I`m trying to catch up with the Dexter fan club!

I finished reading The Skin Gods the other day & I really really enjoyed this one. So much better than Rosary Girls, IMO. I did, however, have to rate it at 8.75 because it isn't quite (just barely) in the league of Mr. Deaver (again, IMO), so it couldn't have a 9, lol!

Oooh Charm knows how I loved "Broken Angels".. I hope you enjoy, too! So excited for you now. :D

That's one of the pile of books that are coming with me to Doncaster & I can't wait to get it started, Beth!!

I finished reading Always Looking Up by Michael J. Fox on the 30th of April & I have such mixed emotions about this book! Don't get me wrong, I loved it & give it a 10/10, but there were little niggly aspects I didn't like, but which shall remain unspoken because they really had nothing to do with the book. I think that this is a book that I shall most definately re-read & I'm likely to go buy Lucky Man so I can re-read it, too!

• 2 weeks later...

I finished reading An Elegy for Easterly by Petina Gappah tonight & it's a really well written book, which I am glad I read, but not one I would read again. Some of the stories are pretty abstract & a few of them came across almost as though they were unfinished works. This was a book I received from LibraryThing Early Reviewers & I had really been looking forward to reading this. If you are a fan of abstract short stories then this would be right up your alley!

Edited by Ceinwenn

• 2 weeks later...

Well, May is turning out to be a very drought infested reading month! I can't believe that today is May 25th & I have only finished 2 books! How did that happen? Must improve on this!

Last night I finished reading Broken Angels by Richard Montanari, which is the 3rd in the series. This was a very good book, which started out kind of slowly, but ended in a flurry of action! I would heartily recommend this series to anyone who likes reading murder mystery!

Hey you! Yeah, definately read it! I really enjoyed it & would have finished it much quicker, but I really don't seem to be reading much at the moment.