New Films You're Waiting To See

Guest Vince

I am also looking forward to seeing the Time Travellers Wife :D - I would really like to read the book first.

Ooooh you will really enjoy the book, I am going next week to see it:)

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah I might wait until My Sister's Keeper comes out on DVD so I can have a good old cry in the privacy of my own home hehe!!

Looks like I have missed out on going to see this one on the big screen too. Couple of my friends didn't want to go and didn't think I could go and sit sniffing on my own.

Looks like I have missed out on going to see this one on the big screen too. Couple of my friends didn't want to go and didn't think I could go and sit sniffing on my own.

Shame that you couldn't see it, it's just amazing!

Think I'm gonna go and see Time Traveller's Wife today :D

• 2 months later...

I saw a trailer last night for The Men Who Stare at Goats and it looks intriguing! I've added to my list of must-sees for the remainder of the year. It's directed by Grant Heslov, who in the past was a producer on 'Leatherheads' and 'Good Night and Good Luck,' so he obviously likes working with George Clooney! :D

Oh, and I bought my tickets for New Moon this week, woo! Yes, I'm going to the midnight showing on Friday morning of the 20th of November. YAY! :P I must be crazy, and let's just hope there is no screaming tweens in my general vicinity!

I saw a trailer last night for The Men Who Stare at Goats and it looks intriguing! I've added to my list of must-sees for the remainder of the year. It's directed by Grant Heslov, who in the past was a producer on 'Leatherheads' and 'Good Night and Good Luck,' so he obviously likes working with George Clooney! :D

Oh, and I bought my tickets for New Moon this week, woo! Yes, I'm going to the midnight showing on Friday morning of the 20th of November. YAY! :P I must be crazy, and let's just hope there is no screaming tweens in my general vicinity!

I read a book last year by Jon Ronson called the 'Men who stare at Goats'. I hope it is based on the same thing. It was an eye opener. Who would have thought that Barney the Dinosaur could Inflict so much pain.:lol:

If it is on the same line I am with you that will be on my watch list!!

As for New Moon, there are bound to be Edward teenie Boppers in the Theatre. Screaming when he comes on the screen!

I have not watched the first one yet :D

I really want to see The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus. I really like Heath Ledger and Johnny Depp, and under other circumstances would be delighted to see the two of them in one movie. (I know it's got Jude Law in it as well, but you can't have everything)!

I know I should wait and go see NM during the day too, but I couldn't stop myself! I'm easily swayed by sparklies, ugh.

I can't wait to see Fantastic Mr. Fox, Dimitra! Anderson's one of my fave directors and I'm so excited to see it :P.

I saw a trailer last night for The Men Who Stare at Goats and it looks intriguing! I've added to my list of must-sees for the remainder of the year. It's directed by Grant Heslov, who in the past was a producer on 'Leatherheads' and 'Good Night and Good Luck,' so he obviously likes working with George Clooney! :P

I want to see this one very much. It has Jeff Bridges in it, and he is my all time favourite actor ever ever ever!

I know I should wait and go see NM during the day too, but I couldn't stop myself! I'm easily swayed by sparklies, ugh.

I don't know if I want to see New Moon. One the one hand, I bet it's going to be better than the book, so I'll probably enjoy it. On the other hand, I don't know if I should spend 6-7 euros in something Twilight-related.:D

The new alice in wonderland movie is supposed to be great. It is a modern take on the classic. :lol:

I really want to see it too, but it's coming out in March, so it's a little early.:P

... the sequel to the Star Trek prequel - need I say more?! *faints in geeky anticipation*

The Star Trek movie that just came out this year already has a sequal planned, BookJumper?! Wow that was quick!

This is not a movie I'm planning on seeing at the cinema, but I saw in a magazine yesterday that the A-Team is currently being filmed. I shouldn't be surprised at this fact, but I'm so tired of Hollywood not being able to get an original idea! Anyway, I was surprised to see that Sharlto Copley from the movie District 9 is playing one of the characters, and I was slightly disappointed. He was so brilliant in that one-of-a-kind indie movie, and now here he's going to be in a big budget summer blockbuster and it just made me kind of sad. It's like some big movie exec swooped down to South Africa and dazzled him with a bunch of dollar signs or something...

I've finally been looking at my fall/winter 2009 film preview mag, and I found some more films I'm thinking about seeing:

An Education - Screenplay was done by Nick Hornby, need I say more?! I don't know anything about the director Lone Sherfig, but I'm looking forward to this one.

Nine - This one's directed by Rob Marshall and the screenplay was done by Anthony Minghella, plus it stars Daniel Day-Lewis and I'll see anything he does.

Up In the Air - Directed by Jason Reitman, who I love for doing Juno. I also don't mind seeing George Clooney and Jason Bateman starring.

Invictus - Directed by Clint Eastwood, and the story just looks amazing.

The rest of the cinema-going year for me and OH will include: 9, Avatar, Where the Wild Things Are (I've had a deprived childhood, or so I'm told, because I don't think my mum ever read this to me :welcome2: I must admit the film does look ubercute though).