Your Favorite Ice Cream Flavor

muggle not

We went to Maud's ice cream parlour and got not one... not two ... but three big tubs of their ice cream. Pooh Bear flavour which is creamy vanilla with huge chunks of honeycomb through it, Belgian Choc Chip and Choccy Bear flavour (pooh bear with belgian choc chips). Then went to the video store and hired 3 DVD's. Gonna be a good night! :lol:

I've never tried Sour Cherry before. I would probably never try it though, I despise Cherries. And I absolutely love coffee ice cream *drools* So nice. And Butterscotch ice cream tastes nice too. Nothing beats Cookies and Creme though, of course. :lol:

...I wonder if there's a Peanut Butter flavoured icecream..

I've never tried Sour Cherry before. I would probably never try it though, I despise Cherries. And I absolutely love coffee ice cream *drools* So nice. And Butterscotch ice cream tastes nice too. Nothing beats Cookies and Creme though, of course. :lol:

...I wonder if there's a Peanut Butter flavoured icecream..

Go back a number of pages. There are a few peanut butter ice creams.

Also, homemade peanut butter fudge sauce topped on homemade vanilla ice cream is absolutley wonderful. Nothing beats homemade vanilla ice cream. :lol:

Homemade icecream is the biz. Me and a friend from Italy used to make Amaretti icecream in her machine; it was so nice we didn't even let it set, but rather just ate it liquidised (pre-freezer stage). Mmm.

What everyone should try before they die though is take a plane to Catania, Sicily, and try a granita in a croissant. A sicilian granita is like a slushie but made with real fruit rather than syrup (almond and jasmine being my favourites); it's fairly solid so stalls and bars just cut a croissant in half and stick the flavours of your choice in... like a cone, but so much better... *drool*!

• 1 month later...

I'm actually about to rummage in the fridge for some vanilla vienetta! The thought of it brought fond memories of this thread. :D

Reading all these ice-cream flavours I can't help thinking of an italian ice-cream-like dessert called granita, which is one of the most delicious things I've ever tasted. It's made out of ice, sugar and a main flavour: lemon, almond, strawberry, black mulberry...etc

If you ever visit Sicily granita, especially on the west coast, is something you have to try :D

Said that my favourite granita flavour is coffee dashed with almond. :D