Dr Who

Michelle

I think I'm going to be the only one who didn't like it then :)

I'm kinda torn two ways; I didn't like the Master plotline, good though Simms is the character he is playing just isn't the Master and the cliff-hanger to that part was just plain silly. I think I may have said "Woo-hoo!" though, when

Dalton appeared on screen, spitting froth and bile about the return of the Timelords!

I need to watch it again though, as it's all a bit blurry now (damn sherry, wine, brandy etc :kissing: ).

Edited by Raven
Correcting quote tags

• Replies 915
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I am watching the repeat of first part at the moment and I am disppointed because it is just so lacking in everything, The Master is laughable, the story is dull but at the same time, so much is going on, crammed in.

I think David Tennant deserved a better story for his finale as The Doctor.

Oh and Lucy Saxon with 'but I knew you would return...' it was like something out of Harry Potter!

Edited by Weave

I watched him on the Alan Carr show last night, and he's saying that this is his best story ever and he's happy with it, but I agree with you, Paula, that it's just not what I'd hoped for (but probably what I expected to be honest).

That won't stop me watching tonight and probably sobbing my eyes out when he leaves :D

I watched him on the Alan Carr show last night, and he's saying that this is his best story ever and he's happy with it, but I agree with you, Paula, that it's just not what I'd hoped for (but probably what I expected to be honest).

That won't stop me watching tonight and probably sobbing my eyes out when he leaves :D

I will watch too Chesil, like your good self, I am sorry to see him go :roll:

Watched this again [sober!] this afternoon.

Baring one or two scenes it really is a load of old rubbish but, for some reason I cannot fathom, I still ended up with a huge grin on my face because of the multiple John Simms and Dalton's frothy vitriol.

I'm beginning to suspect that this may need to be seen in concert with part two, but if that continues in a similar vein it's going to be a disappointing end to the Tennant years.

Yep, the story had it's faults, but the second half was definitely better.. and it was rather emotional to see him go. :D

Trying to be positive, I think Matt Smith did a good job with his first few moments.

He was very enthusiastic wasn't he? :roll:

Janet ~ It was Wilf that started me off :D

:D:friends0:

I know this is such a silly question and I am sorry for asking but who was the woman who was 'lost' with the time lords? I thought she was the Doctor's mum.

I'd just discussed this with OH, and we both agree with you. It's never said, but that's what we both thought.

I thought that it was

his mum too, although it is never confirmed.

I liked the second part much more than the first. Wilf really made the episode. I will give Matt a chance, although I think that he was trying to copy DT....

I think when the doctor changes initally, he has some of his previous self's mannerisms and the like, I am not sure though. :D

I'd just discussed this with OH, and we both agree with you. It's never said, but that's what we both thought.

Thanks Chesil :D

Although I remember watching Doctor Who as a kid, I didn't really watch it all the time, and was never really a fan, and wasn't initially bothered when the series came back, but my partner wanted to watch it, and I enjoyed the first series. I must admit, when I found out David Tennant was taking over from Christoper Eccleston, I was one of the doubters. I'd never really heard of him, and thought he wasn't right for the part - boy, was I wrong!

In fact, it was only a couple of episodes into his reign, and I was completely addicted to the programme, and David Tennant became my Doctor. Despite that, I've become wrapped up in the whole world of Who, including writers, directors, producers, special effects people, and anyone else associated, so I'm definitely going to continue to watch the series, and I'm intrigued to see how my favourite writer from the previous series, Steven Moffat, will follow on from the current ring master. I'm more than prepared to give Matt Smith a go because he may prove to be as great a Doctor as the illustrious Mr Tennant.

This might give you a better idea of what Matt Smith might be like . . .

How cool does that look?! Roll on spring 2010!

I'm trying to resist watching it, as I want everything to be a new experience next time round. I've been burned by spoilers and previews over the past couple of years, so I'm staying away from the Doctor Who forums and the video previews from the BBC this year!

Yes I was disappointed when Christopher Eccleston left too, but ended up much prefering Tennant, so I am trying not to make early judgements on Matt Smith.

I didn't think the last storyline was the best but I kinda liked how

how hey kept us hanging on expecting him to 'die'.

Having said that I thought

the end dragged on a bit, even though it was kinda nice to see all his friends