Are there any foods that you have never ever tried?

tbain

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really?! I'm shocked! Haggis is actually really quite nice as long as you don't think about what's in it! I've enjoyed haggis many a time although it's not something I've ever cooked myself yet.

Asparagus is lovely! Although I saw on a tv program that it can make your pee smell funny an hour after you've eaten it :P

That's the thing - I don't think I could stop myself thinking of what's in it and I don't eat any other offal either so it's an all round no for me! ;)

I don't know about making your pee smell funny, but I know asparagus can make it turn green for a while.

I've never heard of it turning green, just the smell... although it's never actually happened to me and I like to have asparagus whenever I can get it.

"I cuss, you cuss, we all cuss for asparagus" :P an old Far Side comic sketch I remember for some reason, under 'failed marketing ploys' with a big asparagus truck trying to sell it to kids like ice cream.

Try a google search for capers, probably you saw them at the supermarket, but was never interested in trying them. Here in Malta, they are real popular, especially with summer food. We also eat them between pieces of bread smeared with tomato paste, drizzled with olive oil, with olives, and tuna (and capers).

I'm sure there are a lot of things I haven't tried. When I grow up I'm going to make a habit of trying new foods and drink. I've recently started trying different wines, only the odd glass in an evening or something, if my parents let me. Bare in mind, I'm only 15. :lol:

I avoid most foods - I'm really picky about what I eat. Even when I wasn't a vegetarian I never ate a lot of meat. Or fish - cannot stand the smell. I stick to pasta, chips and quorn stuff :lol:.

Can't beat a bit of pasta. Or a good Spaghetti Bolognaise. :D

I avoid most foods - I'm really picky about what I eat. Even when I wasn't a vegetarian I never ate a lot of meat. Or fish - cannot stand the smell. I stick to pasta, chips and quorn stuff :lol:.

I'm the same. I have a very limited diet! Even though I do eat meat, the only addition is that I eat chicken. That's pretty much it :D

I have never tried scallops. Will have to try them they look very nice pan fried.

ChrisJ, scallops are delicious!! There is a really good 'scallops gratin' recipe I have made several times now with white wine, butter, garlic, panco Japanese breadcrumbs, etc and I just die every time I eat it, lol. I got it off the Food Network from the Barefoot Contessa (aka Ina Garten).

If I listed all the foods I haven't tried, it would be endless! I'm such a picky eater. I can't remember the last time I tried something 'new'. Hehe.

:lol:

Same here. New foods are scary! :D

My own list of untouched (and untouchable!) food includes almost everything that comes out of the sea. Icky! Also, any of the "gross" foods like internal organs of animals, limbs of frogs, tongues of cows, etc. I saw chicken feet in the grocery store the other day. That's just gross. (I really hope that was a dream and not reality...)

• 2 weeks later...

My own list of untouched (and untouchable!) food includes almost everything that comes out of the sea. Icky! Also, any of the "gross" foods like internal organs of animals, limbs of frogs, tongues of cows, etc. I saw chicken feet in the grocery store the other day. That's just gross. (I really hope that was a dream and not reality...)

:blush: *Shudders*