Are there any foods that you have never ever tried?

tbain

Well. I was in Paris with an art group, and we were told we were trying snails or going without dinner. They came in these little containers of a garlic sauce. And they had the texture of mushrooms, kinda, and were a bit sour but garlic-y. I ate everyones haha coz I liked them.

And beans are just icky. Bleh! The snails didn't LOOk like snails.

I love mushrooms but I'm still not tempted :D The only time I ever saw them was in a service station on the way from the euro star to Paris. They were piled in a bowl alongside the salad bar and just looked like, well, a bowl of snails :-S

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Roxi those snails sound amazing!! The kind I've had definitely did not taste like that. Just another reason for me to go to Paris I guess! lol

When you guys say beans, what do you mean? Green beans? Baked beans?

Tinned baked beans. Ick. No.

As for the snails, don't hold me to that, that was what I thought when I was 16 :D They were largely tasteless besides the garlic dip and I love garlic... so... :D

What if they were homemade baked beans, Roxi?! I must admit I like them.

I love mushrooms and garlic, so hopefully one day I'll get to try some as good as those you had when you were younger. When you said that about eating everyone else's it made me think of the time my mom overdid it on mussels on our trip to Prince Edward Island, Canada. We had never had them before and she went wild over them. Ended up getting sick from all the drawn butter, but she said it was well worth it, lol.

Baked beans are evil. I think I ate like one when I was a kid and it made me think of a horrible tomato-y mini potato THING, it was rotten, so I've never given it a go. Maybe I even made that taste up in my head, I don't know :D

I've never had mussels either.

Oh yeah! Go potatoes!! lol I love them too. I've gotten to lately getting the little 'fingerling' style and chopping them up for stew - yum! I'm semi-okay with tomatoes. I'll eat them in a sauce or in bruscetta, but not on a salad or a sandwich, go figure.

Bee, no butter, garlic, parsley or wine??!!! How do you function? They give everything such good flavor... :D

Not refined enough for your liking? :she:

What can I say, I grew up surrounded by French cuisine. I take food seriously.

Well it's no posh wine Roxi ;) snobbery at it's finest :P

I didn't say anything about wine, posh or other kind.

What can I say, I grew up surrounded by French cuisine. I take food seriously.

At the end of the day, just because you take food "seriously" there's absolutely no need to be so rude to someone because they say they like ketchup, some of us as weird as it may seem do eat things others may not like, you just move on if you have nothing nice to say

:P Owww, sorry!!

I grew up with beans on toast, roast dinners, fish 'n' chips night...you get the idea!

*laughs* Glad you can take a joke. Seems to be rare around these parts...

I have to confess, I've never had beans on toast. I don't really like beans of any kind, so... I do like toast! *grin* I don't know why, in fact, but my current must-have brunch includes toast with cheese and bacon on it. It's the weirdest thing, but I simply have to have it!

On my one-and-hopefully-not-only trip to England we took a road trip to Canterbury and along the way we had the most delicious fish and chips. I know it's common there but here in MN it's usually yucky processed stuff at a fast-food place.

I've never had beans on toast either, but love both things! Especially a nice crusty hunk of bread to dip in olive oil or babaghanoush. YUM!!

On my one-and-hopefully-not-only trip to England we took a road trip to Canterbury and along the way we had the most delicious fish and chips. I know it's common there but here in MN it's usually yucky processed stuff at a fast-food place.

I've never had beans on toast either, but love both things!

I love fish 'n' chips from the seaside here in England, they're so lovely :P.

Is beans on toast more rare then I first thought? Haha, I thought it was really common, hehe.

I love fish 'n' chips from the seaside here in England, they're so lovely :P.

Is beans on toast more rare then I first thought? Haha, I thought it was really common, hehe.

It IS very common, Dear. I know many people who love it ;)