Are there any foods that you have never ever tried?

tbain

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pigeons are nasty things.. and very brave when it comes to getting food, even if you're not directly feeding them in Trafalgar Square! :P

I also haven't tried...prawns. I'm not overly keen on sea food!

Mmmmm I love prawns.. Shrimp/prawns are about the only meat I'll eat. It doesn't hurt that they're widely available here in India, in all varieties!

I've never tried capers!

Edited by bethany725

Mmmmm I love prawns.. Shrimp/prawns are about the only meat I'll eat. It doesn't hurt that they're widely available here in India, in all varieties!!

I don't like anything that comes from the sea, well actually its probably more the idea of it ... I havent actually tried a lot of it. When we were in America recently my daughter ordered the breaded shrimp so I tried it. It was lovely! Turns out though we have the similar thing here only we call it Scampi :P

I've never tried capers!

Me neither ... or crab, lobster and anchovies! Yuk!

You have to! They're amazing. Just don't make the mistake of feeding a single chip to a seagull or they'll all be flocking around you! One landed on my Mum's head once :P

Ha. That happened to us once. You think theres only one wandering seagull so throw a chip and it must set off an alarm or something because they just flock!

I love seaside fish and chips. Its a completely different experience trying to find a space and then keeping hold of your food while eating it and avoiding the seagulls.

I've never tried capers!

Me neither ... or crab, lobster and anchovies! Yuk!

Charm, just checking - you know capers aren't seafood, right?

I bet there's a chance both of you have actually tried capers without even knowing it! Have either of you had tartare sauce? There are capers in that!

I bet there's a chance both of you have actually tried capers without even knowing it! Have either of you had tartare sauce? There are capers in that!

Oh yes! :P When I read back it does look as if they are grouped together but I do know what they are! ;) I think I just had in my head what I was gonna say next ... and no I have never eaten tartar sauce :she:

Oh yes! :P When I read back it does look as if they are grouped together but I do know what they are! ;)

Oh good! Just checking! I suppose it isn't too much of a stretch not to have had tartare sauce if you don't like fish. :she:

I have had tartar sauce but had no idea capers were in there?? What exactly ARE they?? I'm the one lacking the knowledge on this one. :P

I've tried all the usual stuff now that I had in my list of wanting to try, including lobster, oysters, frog's legs, snails etc.

Have heard monkey is good but not sure I'd want to try that!

I think I'd like to try snake after watching the Top Gear Vietnam special!

I'm not a big fish person, in fact I rarely ate it before I met my BF, but have been eating a lot more and a bigger variation and it's not bad :P

There are lots of things I haven't and wouldn't eat. Like I would never eat any animal other than cow/pig/chicken/turkey, not because of taste necessarily, but I just don't want to ever try something like dog or horse.

I

There are lots of things I haven't and wouldn't eat. Like I would never eat any animal other than cow/pig/chicken/turkey, not because of taste necessarily, but I just don't want to ever try something like dog or horse.

I agree. I only really eat white meat, very rarely do i eat red meat. I don't really like eating meat anyway, I just love it too much to be a veggie.

But while I, for example, tried and enjoyed snails, I don't really see the point in killing something so small that you'd need to eat loads to feel filled. I try to stick to the larger, sadly mass farmed animals.

Sadly, I love chicken and turkey. Couldn't give it up if I tried.

Really?! I'm shocked! Haggis is actually really quite nice as long as you don't think about what's in it! I've enjoyed haggis many a time although it's not something I've ever cooked myself yet.

Asparagus is lovely! Although I saw on a tv program that it can make your pee smell funny an hour after you've eaten it :P

Asparagus is lovely! Although I saw on a tv program that it can make your pee smell funny an hour after you've eaten it :P

I have heard this too :she: and is it beetroot that can turn your pee pink or is that something else altogether?? ;):lol: