Are there any foods that you have never ever tried?

tbain

I was thinking about this earlier and was thinking that I have never tried haggis, venison, sharon fruit and artichokes! Will get round to trying most of them someday, although I don't really like the thought of eating venison so will never try that.

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was thinking about this earlier and was thinking that I have never tried haggis, venison, sharon fruit and artichokes! Will get round to trying most of them someday, although I don't really like the thought of eating venison so will never try that.

I have never had scallops but would like to try them, but they look so rubbery

Venison is GREAT!! Every time I go to Stockholm I have reindeer steak & we grew up eating moose meat, which is also lush!

Also grew up eating scallops & lobster & crab & just about every other fish in the sea, but as I grew older I decided I didn't like these things any more, which was so crazy because I loved them as a kid! Anyway, I digress, lol! Try to get past the "rubbery" appearance - they're buttery soft & very yummy! (recently started re-eating them!

I happen to be a very picky eater, so there's a lot I haven't tried. Here are some: sushi, most kinds of fish, asparagus, brussles sprouts, clam chowder, any animal organs (like liver, hearts, things like that), mushrooms, snails, oysters...those are just some of them.

I have never had scallops but would like to try them, but they look so rubbery

We had scallops last night - they're lush!

I've never tried Oysters (salty snot as my friend described them) or snails! I can't think of anything else specific at the moment, although obviously there will be lots of things I've never tried.

I like mussels and scallops, but they don't like me:blush:

I have never tried snails, oysters and frogs legs. I could possibly be persuaded to try frog's legs, but not the other 2 no not never, not no how:eek2:

During WW2 we had rabbit and I remember eating rabbit pie, but for some reason I just don't fancy it now:roll:

I've had snails. They were chopped up and served with garlic butter. It wasn't much different to eating mushrooms. Same sort of texture, but I tiny bit more chewy. I quite liked them.

I've never had haggis (but I love black pudding so I guess I might like it), foie gras, horse, veal, frogs legs, rabbit and oysters.I've never tried monkfish either.

Snails are yummy.

Frogs legs are unexciting.

Foie gras is a fantastic food, amongst my favourite things in the world, although it's pretty much indefensible on animal rights grounds, the same as battery chicken.

Horse is lovely, but not that much different to other red meats

Veal is bloody fantastic, and everyone should eat it (provided it's "dark" veal), as the alternative for bull calves on dairy farms is that they're killed at birth or sent to Italy in horrible conditions

Oysters are nasty - salty snot is just right

I've never eaten any insects, and although I "want" to have done, I don't know if I could actually force myself.

I've never had haggis (but I love black pudding so I guess I might like it), foie gras, horse, veal, frogs legs, rabbit and oysters.I've never tried monkfish either.

Haggis is quite peppery, but it's also quite nice. Monkfish is yummy!

Andy - fancy a go on "I'm a Celeb"? I'm sure you're at least as famous as most of the contestants and you could have a go at witchety (sp?) grubs - amongst other things! :)