Favourite meal

tbain

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Definately Chrismas Dinner - roast with all the veg, with added sausage wrapped in bacon. PLus the atmosphere around Christmas dinner is the best feeling.

My favourite day to day meal is chicken curry (preferably madras) with rice, naans, poppadums etc.

Definately Chrismas Dinner - roast with all the veg, with added sausage wrapped in bacon. PLus the atmosphere around Christmas dinner is the best feeling.

I absolutely agree there!!! :roll:

I also adore good old spag bol with garlic bread or lasagne with coleslaw or sausage, beans and mash!

I love pizza, any day of the week. But my real favorite is something I always had at my parents:

marinated flank steak, broiled

regular, old, Betty Crocker Au Gratin potatoes

pasta with olive oil, garlic, and parmesan cheese

Caesar salad

Homemade mushroom strogranoff with made freshly picked wild parasol mushrooms, in a rich white wine and cream sauce with loads of dill, brown rice and seasonal vegetables, followed by chocolate profiteroles. My mouth is watering already :roll:

For me, it's a few things - meatloaf & dauphinoise potatoes; Macaroni, hamburger & tomato soup (mixed together); Chicken breast stuffed with goats cheese (or le roulee soft cheese works really well, too), wrapped in bacon then grilled, with colcannon. And definately Christmas & Thanksgiving dinner!

Quite happy with mince & tatties or stovies, homemade soup with crusty bread (like we had tonight) and crumble and custard.

I agree. We had mince and mash last night. Delicious and wholesome. Granted we had it with asparagus cooked in garlic butter but there is nothing wrong with peas.Yum yum.

• 5 months later...

This one has probably been previously started but hey, let's start a new one :D Plus, I am really interested to see everyone's responses being that everyone is not from the USA like me! And, if you can't decide, like me, you can name a few.

mine are: mashed potatoes, pizza, ice cream, chocolate, green peppers, french fries, chicken caesar salad, corn bread

lol I think I will stop now or I will be here all night :eek2:

This one has probably been previously started but hey, let's start a new one :D Plus, I am really interested to see everyone's responses being that everyone is not from the USA like me! And, if you can't decide, like me, you can name a few.

mine are: mashed potatoes, pizza, ice cream, chocolate, green peppers, french fries, chicken caesar salad, corn bread

lol I think I will stop now or I will be here all night :eek2:

Got to be pizza for me! Pepporoni with jalapenos and buffallo mozzarella

I don't even know what Corn Bread is, except Tom Hanks' wife made it real nice in the Green Mile.

I love all foods Italian. I love a good curry. I love fresh, fresh, fresh Chinese food. I love bacon sandwiches with cheese and tomatoes.

I love food. I love real ale. I love good, red wine. I love single malts from the western Isle's of Scotland.

I hate Olives. :D

My favourites are:

Gnocchi in a nice cream sauce with zucchini

Meatloaf with dauphinoise potatoes

French stick, cold chicken and red pepper hummous

Banana Bread

Apple crumble

Cold Corn Bread Muffins with a little bit of butter - yum!

I love food, and I'm going to make myself hungry doing this, but I don't care.

1. Sandwiches. I adore sandwiches. Honey chilli chicken, with sage and onion stuffing, iceberg lettuce, raw red onion and crisp sweetcorn with pepper on thick white bread spread with mayo. I also love honey roast ham, or chicken tikka, but will actually put anything in bread. Potato salad is another favourite, along with eggs, chicken burgers, even crisps.

2. Mint things. Chocolate bars, ice cream, milkshakes, sauces, gum, anything mint, I will eat. I am wholly addicted to chocolate though, and will eat it even if I don't like it. For instance, I despise any nutty chocolate unless it's praline, but give me Ferrero Rocher and if I'm deprived enough of chocolate I'll work through them for the taste of the chocolate. Alternatively, I also love ice cream, particularly Haagen Dazs' Cookies and Cream, Ben & Jerrys Cookie Dough, Chocolate Fudge Brownie or Phish Food.

3. Chinese food. If I could have my ideal Chinese meal it would consist of small portions of all of the following: Spring rolls, prawn crackers, BBQ ribs, and chicken in batter with sweet and sour sauce.

Other random things I love: Chicken burgers from McDonalds, even though I never eat these because they're so bad. Avonmore farmhouse vegetable soup - I've never had a nicer soup in my life. Mash, extrememly creamy mash, with juicy cabbage and salty bacon. Also love fry-ups (sausages, rashers, mushrooms, onions, eggs, puddings and ketchup all in one massive sandwich), but again I never eat them as they are so bad for me.