Stephen Fry in America - BBC1, Sunday at 9pm

Janet

I saw this and it was great - I've been waiting for ages for something new featuring Stephen Fry.... I coud happily watch him hosting anything :17:

It was really great though because too many shows where people go to the USA are about how bad the country is or how stupid the people are etc etc. This was refreshing for showing the country and it's people in a positive light - I wonder if the Griff Rhys-Jones version of this which is starting on ITV will be anywhere near as good!

I loved it too Bella. I think he is great to listen too. Look forward the other programmes. My hubby had seen part of the bit where he was at Gettesburg to do with the civil war.

Yes, I watched it. I loved it when he went to Newport, Rhode Island - I will be there in three weeks!! I went before in 2006, and we are going there for a week (we have friends there, who we are staying with), and then New York for four days.

I missed it! :17: I saw him on This Morning (well, I was at home unwell! lol) and it looked like a good show.

It's being repeated on Saturday 18th October at 7.10pm on BBC2. :P

It's definitely worth trying to catch up with, Michelle.

Like Bella - I could watch anything Stephen does - even a documentary about paint drying! :D

Go to Newport, Rhode Island - it really is the most beautiful town. I will be there for the election!

Yeah thats way up on my list! It will be an amazing atmosphere during the elections I would think! Provide and Newport I think! Really want to see the country "cottages" (actually mansions) from last century!

Thanks for the reminder, I would have forgotten it again (I missed it last week) :welcome:

Remember iplayer for repeats.

I have to say I agree with Stephen about the difference in the states. Would much rather have the beautiful countryside, snow cabins and log fires etc than the sunshine state beaches etc. No disrespect to anyone who does....but just my preference. He certainly saw some beautiful surroundings. Thanksgiving must be a great day over there.

• 2 months later...