childrens book suggestions

knitnat

I think I am putting this in the wrong place, but it follows the The Book Depository thread.

I love childrens picture books and have noticed that I don't know some of the authors listed by this site. Can anybody out there in bcf point me in the direction of their fav childrens picture books (FYI: I have a 6yr old boy, 4 yr old girl and a 4mth old girl)

As I mentioned in the other thread, there is no shipping charge from this company so makes it worthwhile buying from them!...though with the way the $A is going at present......

For pre-schoolers, I can recommend The Very Hungry Caterpillar by Eric Carle ( has holes in the book where the caterpillar has eaten through the food), Where's Spot? by Eric Hill (kids love Spot books - it has lift-up flaps), Each Peach, Pear, Plum by Allen Ahlberg, There Was An Old Lady Who Swallowed a Fly and The Tiger Who Came To Tea.

My 19 month old adores Charlie and Lola, and also In The Night Garden. She loves the touch and feel and lift the flap books. My 6 month old is just starting to look intently when I read to her and loves anything with bold coloured pictures.

They both adore books with baby faces in, but I don't think we own any picture books. I could be wrong. My eldests favourite book for a while has been one called Baby Says Love You. It is part of a series and she reads it every bedtime.

Edited by Icecream

• 7 months later...

When I was younger I read- Not Now Bernard!, Little Rabbit Foo Foo, Dear Zoo, Dr.Dog, Hairy Mclairy and Where the Wild things are! I loved them all they are interesting, funny and catchy and I used to go around singing them to myself in the Supermarket especailly Little Rabbit Foo Foo! But I got to say Not Now Bernard is defiantly my favourite! Hope I've helped!