What are your guilty pleasures?

bookwormmum

What is tiger bread and what are tea cakes? Sorry I'm ignorant about such things. I'm not normally a sweet and savory mixing of flavors type person, but I did have a lot of peanut butter and banana sammies growing up :lol:.

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Peanut butter and jam is best, first time I tried it was in Disneyworld in Florida :lol: Teacakes are like bread rolls with raisins in.

How do you even discover something like that? Alcohol had to be involved

I wish! Not as much fun I'm afraid :). I'd used jam instead of cranberry sauce once when I'd run out for my turkey and then thought it would be nice on sausage rolls. Try it! It is really nice :lol:

If you are talking about teacakes, i got bored with bread because i kept leaving half the loaf so I thought hey teacakes are in packs of six and raisins will be fine with bread! About the sausage rolls, i suppose it isn't the worst thing in the world, but to me it's crazier than teacakes + ham!

Oh those teacakes! I thought you meant tunnocks chocolate teacakes! Those teacakes sound fine with ham, a bit like fruit malt loaf? Now it's delishious with melted cheese ;)

You don't know what you're missing with the sausage rolls! :lol:

What is tiger bread and what are tea cakes? Sorry I'm ignorant about such things. I'm not normally a sweet and savory mixing of flavors type person, but I did have a lot of peanut butter and banana sammies growing up .

Tiger bread is a bit like a large crusty loaf which you can slice to your own width. I'm not exactly sure what they put in it but it's ever so slightly flavoured with herbs or spices or something, it's also really nice with jam. I love jam, can you tell? :) Jam and cheese is nice too in a sandwich .. oh oh and walnut stuffing with jam ;)....I'll shut up now shall I?

I love teacakes too.....but only with butter. It's been ages since I last had one actually. I'll have to put that right :lol:

I suppose one of my guilty pleasures is to put tomato ketchup on pretty much everything except breakfast (unless of course it's a cooked breakfast.) It really annoys my BF when I put ketchup on a Sunday roast instead of gravy.....apparently it's weird?! I just like ketchup ;)

Roast dinner and ketchup does sound weird, but then again, i'm biased as I love gravy :lol: And Charm, please do not try chocolate teacakes and ham ;)

It's not weird, Nicola. I love ketchup too and love it on roast, potatoes, eggs, etc. Sometimes I get looks but I swear half the people over here use ketchup the same way :lol:.

Its true. I have a friend who dips her grilled cheese sandwiches in ketchup.

It's not weird, Nicola. I love ketchup too and love it on roast, potatoes, eggs, etc. Sometimes I get looks but I swear half the people over here use ketchup the same way :lol:.

Its true. I have a friend who dips her grilled cheese sandwiches in ketchup.

I'm clearly living in the wrong country! ;)

I suppose grilled cheese sandwiches would be like cheese and tomato ketchup toasties?

I'm clearly living in the wrong country! :lol:

I suppose grilled cheese sandwiches would be like cheese and tomato ketchup toasties?

What is a toastie? For a grilled cheese we just butter both sides of the bread, put a piece of cheese in the middle and put it in a saute pan and brown both sides until the cheese is melted and the bread is nice and crispy.

I love tomato sauce...but on dinner?? :lol:

;) I love it! But I don't ask for ketchup if I'm eating out for Sunday lunch as apparently it freaks people out! You should try it :lol: Tomato ketchup on mashed potato......yum!!

What is a toastie? For a grilled cheese we just butter both sides of the bread, put a piece of cheese in the middle and put it in a saute pan and brown both sides until the cheese is melted and the bread is nice and crispy.

That sounds rather fabulous!

If I'm making toasties I usually toast one side of a slice of bread under the grill, then I turn it over and put grated cheese, tomato ketchup and onion on top of the ungrilled side and grill it until the cheese melts. Then I put another slice of toast on top of that and it's done.

You can buy toasty makers though where you put the ingredients inbetween two slices of bread and it's basically like a Forman grill that closes on top of the sandwich and toasts it until the cheese has melted.

:lol: I love it! But I don't ask for ketchup if I'm eating out for Sunday lunch as apparently it freaks people out! You should try it :lol: Tomato ketchup on mashed potato......yum!!

I do love sauce on mash. But I can't imagine having dinner without gravy, and sauce and gravy definitely doesn't go ;)