Merlin

Mia

Did anyone watch this? I thought it was pretty good.

I thought the lead (Merlin) was a bit strange looking, but I warmed to him. I liked his run-ins with Arthur, though he was a bit dense to keep goading him when there was no way he would beat him without using magic, which he wasn't allowed to use!

There were some good special effects - I really liked the end where the sorceress was sending everyone to sleep with her enchanted singing and all the cobwebs appeared over everything. I thought that was really well done. The dragon wasn't bad either. But the less said about Richard Wilson's wig the better! :D

Merlin's telekinetic powers were really cool too. :)

Merlin's "reward" for saving Arthur wasn't much cop, was it? You'd think by saving the king's son and heir, he'd be given a knighthood, untold riches and his own castle or something... No, "you can have a job in the royal household". Great, just what I always wanted! :blush: Merlin's and Arthur's faces were a picture!

I'll definitely be continuing to watch this. :)

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just watched the repeat of this today - i quite liked it. I'm pleased it's on earlier (6pm) next week so it won't be clashing with X Factor!

The TV critic in the News of the World today didn't think that much of it though - said it was ok but no where near as good as Doctor Who. But I liked it because it was so different to Doctor Who - not everyone likes sci-fi.

It's not really not my thing.

... but I caught the last 15 minutes and thought it was wonderful! (The dragon sold it to me - how cute!). I managed to miss the repeat that was on yesterday so I'm going to watch the whole thing in iPlayer in readiness for next week.

Perfect family viewing - it's not often that anything appeals to all four of us. :blush:

my husband came home with the first episode of Merlin last night - not asking where he got it from - he knew i'd love it! i always like anything to do with Merlin and Arthur..

i thought it was good! amusing... a bit far from the legends we all know and love perhaps, and Uther was a bit stiff? i liked the dragon too.. :blush:

• 2 weeks later...

Still liking this series! Tonight's episode was really good too, though slightly predictable (I knew once her father recovered Guinevere would be blamed as the sorceror). But it was all well done and I really enjoyed it. :D

Well, you have had other things on your mind, Kell! :welcome2:

It is a very good series. Anthony Head is a bit of a git in it though, it has to be said...

I take back my comment that Anthony Head's character is a bit of a git - he is a complete and utter :17: ! Did you see him in this week's episode? Arthur had gone to all that trouble to get the flower for the antidote, and begged his father to give it to Gaius, and he just callously crumpled it up and threw it away! And then chucked his own son in jail for a week into the bargain. :D

I really am liking this series. I was prepared for it to be silly, but it's actually very good. I love the way Arthur pretends not to care about Merlin when he really does - sweet! :P

But never mind that - did you see the trailer for next week, and more specifically, Lancelot?! Oh my god, he is gorgeous!! Another reason to keep watching! :D