Merlin

Mia

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love this show!

I watch it as my oldest is the biggest fan. He has the posters, the books, the boxsets, you name it.

I was a little worded at the beginning of the series, and that it had lost it's way a little, but the last few episodes have been amazing!

So glad to hear that they are doing a third series. My son will be pleased!

I really enjoy Merlin, it's consistently good entertainment. I love the relationship between Arthur and Merlin and the humour it brings. And now Morgana's going over to the dark side!!

• 2 months later...

Ive just got Season 2 DVD set. Despite it being aimed towards the younger viewers, i personally think its very good

The characters make the series, love the creatures and how magic is used and i think the two main characters - Arthur and Merlin are so funny at times :lol:

• 5 months later...

^ It's doing very well! The last series had very good viewing figures, and I hope this does too!

Out of all the Doctor Who wannabes that appeared post 2005, I honestly think this is the best of the bunch (as much as I like Primeval!).

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I finally sat down and watched the two and a half seasons of this.

And I'm obsessed, as anyone on my Twitter or Facebook will already know.

I LOVE Colin Morgan, he's just so adoreable, and even Bradley James has grown on me to an equal degree.

I love that this year is looking much darker. Can't wait for the next episode :D

On another note, I just watched an interview where the writers/producers of Merlin stated that originally they planned to make 5 seasons, and during writing the final eps of Season 3, finished establishing exactly where they want the last two seasons to go - so as of the end of season 3 there will be a lot of 'unexpected twists' and complex continuity over the course of the fourth and fifth season.

They need to say that a bit LOUDER, I only found the interview by chance. Knowing that, if it gets cancelled I'll REALLY cry.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

There were also rumors it wouldn't be aired until 2012, but hopefully they weren't true.

Wish it hadn't been trimmed though, I don't see why they've done that when they've said themselves it continues to bring in the ratings.

Why is that being split in two?

I don't understand the BBC at all :/

In other news, I've heard OMG AMAZING things about the finale of this season's Merlin, and I do believe it's all going to kick off next week! :lol:

• 1 year later...

Anyone watching Merlin this year? I'm really excited about it so far, and even more so about the fact that the writers, when initially planning it, had a five-season story in mind, with the hope that it would last that long. Well, it has! And if they don't make any more seasons, they have a lot of ends to tie up in this season! I hope it does continue on, but only if they find a natural progression for it.

• 1 month later...

Knew that already, it was written as a five series show from day one, the writers openly said that. People just speculated that it might continue due to success, and lack of cancellation confirmation.

It'd want to end, this season has dragged and I don't think it's going to go anywhere good now. I'd love to be wrong, but I'm definitely glad it's stopping while it's (relatively) ahead.