A new first line of current book

Nici

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"The Cell at leavenworth was four feet by eight, barley large enough for Joe to sit at one end of an upended pail, but there was room in the dark for a circle of figures." Stallion Gate- Martin Cruz Smith

"In the Early days of 1904, the wealth American lawyerand ameuteur egyptologist, Theodore Davis,was leading an archeological expedition in Egypts valley of the kings, just across the nile from the ancient city of Thebes." Act Of God:Moses, Tutamkhamun and the myth of atlantis- Graham Phillips

I sat well back in my seat & listened as Colonel Gaddafi's latest day long rant burst from the radio like an Arab Fidel Castro on speed.

Brute Force - Andy McNab

• 2 weeks later...

It was a strange city, and seemed to have been cast up in the valley one winter's night like some prehistoric creature that was now clawing its way up the mountainside. - Chronicle in Stone by Ismail Kadare

"To the Reader—I here present you, courteous reader, with the record of a remarkable period in my life; according to my application of it, I trust that it will prove, not merely an interesting record, but, in a considerable degree, useful and instructive."

Confessions of an English Opium-Eater, Thomas De Quincey

• 2 weeks later...