Computer Help Thread

Nici

Internet explorer is a problem all of its own :welcome:

May I suggest you ignore the message and have a play with either firefox or opera browser (both free and less hassle)

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yeah Firefox or Opera have the best internet browsing experience in my opinion. I abandoned Internet Explorer a while ago.

My computer is asking me to update to the latest version of windows explorer, I think its 8. Does anyone have it yet or do you know of any problems with it? Thanks :welcome:

I had to do a rebuild on my PC the week before last and ended up with IE8 by default when all the Windows updates rolled in - it's not bad, not hugely different from IE7, really.

I had to do a rebuild on my PC the week before last and ended up with IE8 by default when all the Windows updates rolled in - it's not bad, not hugely different from IE7, really.

Yip that's just about what I did, apart from the rebuilding bit. I was doing a maintainence on my lappy today, you know the usual, virus scans, defragment etc and I went and installed all the updates one of which was IE8. My pc does actually seem a lot quicker and my browser is a lot faster too, not sure if thats because of IE8 or the good clear out it had today :razz: Anyway I have it now and so far so good.

Thanks everyone for all the answers! :friends0:

Since I upgraded to IE8 I've been having loads of problems. There doesn't seem to be any pattern, no rhyme nor reason to what happens, but it's bloody annoying! I'll be looking at a page (like here for instance) & click any link, like to go to the next page & it'll tell me that the page cannot be displayed, or that there is no internet connection or that the page doesn't exist. Happens so often, but if I refresh the page, lo & behold - the page is there. Something else it does is that if I am writing a post on a forum that has a preview function almost every time I go to post it crashes & says that the internet connection is lost, so I have to refresh it & write the post all over again - unless I remember to "preview" my post first. I've also found that pages are a lot slower at loading.

Funny enough - none of that happens with firefox.

I have been using Mozilla for years now and I much prefer it to IE. I think it runs alot smoother, looks alot better and is easier to use. Guess it is down to personal opinion.

I will be getting a Mac soon and am certainly not looking forward to using Safari. It is rubbish. Hope there is a mac version of Mozilla.

Since I upgraded to IE8 I've been having loads of problems. There doesn't seem to be any pattern, no rhyme nor reason to what happens, but it's bloody annoying! I'll be looking at a page (like here for instance) & click any link, like to go to the next page & it'll tell me that the page cannot be displayed, or that there is no internet connection or that the page doesn't exist. Happens so often, but if I refresh the page, lo & behold - the page is there. Something else it does is that if I am writing a post on a forum that has a preview function almost every time I go to post it crashes & says that the internet connection is lost, so I have to refresh it & write the post all over again - unless I remember to "preview" my post first. I've also found that pages are a lot slower at loading.

I ended up having lots of probs too so in the end I restored my pc back to IE7 and its going much better now. I guess it takes a while until they iron out all the kinks in the new programme.

• 2 weeks later...

I hope someone can help me.... :readingtwo:

I have been having problems with my laptop all day saying that I need to install the latest Flash Player. Well I have done this but am still getting the same error messages.

Any ideas? Thanks.

I have downloaded Firefox but I am having the same problems with that as well. So I am currently downloading IE 8 to see if that fixes it.

All I want to do is re-install TweetDeck but I can't with the Flash Player playing up!