Computer Help Thread

Nici

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My cat is always doing this sort of thing and I've become quite good at fixing things that she decides are necessary changes to my laptop. However, I have been fortunate enough not to encounter this particular pleasure so I'm afraid I can't really help much. I just play with the options until it works properly again, or have you tried restarting? It fixes a multitude of kitty sins.

(BTW, I moved your thread into the computer help thread :lol: )

our cat has walked on the laptop now the whole screen is upside down, does anyone know how to fix this?

try holding control and alt at the same time then press one of the direction buttons (probably down by the sounds of it)

• 3 weeks later...

Robbie's laptop has died a death and my dad has very kindly offered to buy him a little netbook.

We have seen this one here, do you think 16GB of memory is enough for Robbie to do his school work (most importantly) but also have itunes and enough memory to play games on the internet? Also we can't seem to see a CD rom on here, what do you think?

Thanks! :roll:

Nici - 16gb is plenty for school work. Most netbooks do not have a cdrom due to their small size. As for Itunes..majority of netbooks run linux so thats pretty much not going to happen. Thus, it is ideal for school work :roll:

*edit*

That link does say windows despite the picture showing a linux front end. so itunes might work after all.

• 4 weeks later...

I saved a word doc on my work computer and for some strange reason it has stuck. Everytime I want a new word doc I get the poster every time. I have to delete it before I can do any work on it. Would taking off office and putting back on again help?

I saved a word doc on my work computer and for some strange reason it has stuck. Everytime I want a new word doc I get the poster every time. I have to delete it before I can do any work on it. Would taking off office and putting back on again help?

This may sound silly, but you aren't opening Word by inadvertently opening your saved document again, are you?

Unless Word has crashed badly, and its document recover system has been activated, you shouldn't be seeing a previous piece of work every time you open it (and even then, you should only see it as file to open within the program, it shouldn't automatically open the document for you).

If you are using a desktop shortcut to open Word, try opening it from the Start menu, if it opens as it should, just create a new shortcut and delete the old one.

• 3 weeks later...

But as you can see, it works fine within a post.. I'm not sure if putting it in a sig automatically strips something out. I did wonder if the tag is disallowed, but others have used tickers before.

Hmm.. saying that, is it only Mods that I've seen with tickers? I'll go check some settings in a moment. (And I was going to bed 40 mins ago! :blush:)

Added: Ok, I worked out that it was a particular permission that was set differently for the Mods. It appears to work now.

Edited by Michelle

• 1 month later...