Hobbies

Oblomov

Besides reading - which is obvious for members of these forums - what other interests do we have? Mine are collecting (mostly comics, view master reels etc), photography, scuba-diving, hiking and other forums (movies, cricket, diving, comics)

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good question!

I like mosaicing and bushwalking, although I don't get to do either as often as I'd like. I also love watching movies - oldies mostly.

I love cricket too (something I get quite a ribbing for at work). I took every day off work during the Ashes (well, the days they were playing) and stayed at home to mosaic my Mum's xmas present while I watched the cricket. What a perfect holiday! :roll:

I'm starting to enjoy tracking down second-hand/independent bookshops too. Can that be a hobby? :)

I am and always will be a knitter - it's back in vogue with lots of new interesting things to knit with - I even have a pattern for a knitted bag made out of supermarket plastic bags which I intend to have a go at at some point!! I can't resist wool shops and there is a knitting exhibition at Ally Pally which I go to every year - I come away loaded with new projects!!

My hobbies include re-enactment, family history, baking and salsa :roll:

re-enactment - like in civil war? crucifixions? lady godiva? I mean, really, last time I was arrested for running about nekkid in the streets I told the judge, "I am doing a re-enactment!" A little history helps shorten those jail terms.

And I love salsa dancing too! It's so nice to see it gain in popularity again.

I dont really have much time to do anything else!! I spend far too much time on the internet and other than reading the rest of my time is spent with my daughter, reading writing and generally making things. We are onto paper mache masks at the moment!

I even have a pattern for a knitted bag made out of supermarket plastic bags which I intend to have a go at at some point!!

That sounds good.

My hobbies are hill walking and gardening.

My hobbies - other than reading - are surfing the net, playing video games (how old am I? :(), taking photos, driving (not really a hobby, but it's something I enjoy), and some very limited amateur astronomy (once I bring my telescope over here, I hope to be able to dedicate more time to it).

What an interesting and well rounded group of people! Some very interesting hobbies here. Between my day job (teacher) and my night job (writer) and raising my teenager, I don't have a lot of time to indulge in my hobbies, but when I do, I like to garden, take long walks with my faithful black Lab, Lucille, go for country drives (hubby is restoring a 1966 GTO convertible) and most Saturday nights we have friends in for cards or Yahtzee.

Hmmm....., from one of your avatars, I am guessing that you like the 60s TV serial Bewitched. Care to quote other favourite TV shows and movies?
Actually, I've scarcely ever watched Bewitched - I just loved the little flying Sam - LOL! I tend to watch sci-fi TV shows such as Farscape, Firefly, A Town Called Eureka and Battlestar Galactica, as well as pitch-balck comedy like Desperate Housewives and Dead Like Me, but I actually watch very little TV - mostly just movies.

Actually, I've scarcely ever watched Bewitched - I just loved the little flying Sam - LOL!
I am not so hot on Bewitched, but love I Dream of Jeannie...the best stress reliever there is.

I tend to watch sci-fi TV shows such as Farscape, Firefly, A Town Called Eureka and Battlestar Galactica, as well as pitch-balck comedy like Desperate Housewives and Dead Like Me, but I actually watch very little TV - mostly just movies.
I like Sci-fi shows too, but could vever get into Farscape, despite trying several times. Babylon 5 is my favourite, followed by X-Files and Quantum Leap. I also have a 'private' DVD collection of the 60s cult series The Invaders.

How do I get it all in.

I always used to knit and sew when I had children. I love sewing, but rarely knit now, though I find it very theraputic when I do.

I draw, paint design. Love any kind of craft, but especially making cards and making jewelry.

I used to be a very accomplished musician, playing in orchestras and bands, like Icecream, but for various reasons haven't done much recently...would like to get back to it though.

I love my garden, I love surfing the net, doing jigsaws online, and of course spend alot of time reading and writing.

But perhaps the favourite hobby...is my CATS!! There are loads of things I'd like to get involved in, but haven't the time, and I am really looking forward to walking again next year after my ops later this year...the first one is in three weeks!

Oh, and did I mention my CATS!!!?

:(:lol::D

Pp

I am not so hot on Bewitched, but love I Dream of Jeannie...the best stress reliever there is.

Wotcha saying there, oblomov? :(

------------

I'm must say I'm kind of tidal, I'll rise up and play at several different interests; seems to change with the moon's cycle.

*I love making music CDs for friends - I can boast over 900 music CDs on my shelves.

*I teach an MFA class on Photoshop and building web portfolio pages; so I enjoy dabbling in those areas when I have the time and inclination.

*Being a Geekazoid, I own three camera - one is a digital camera and I've been known to carry it about hooked to my belt like a pseudo-schizo-batman.

*I am learning to cook (some may remember me using my digital camera, photoshop skills and my web pages called Cooking Adventures with Wrath).

*My boss will pay for any tickets when I attend any dance or theater production; so it's kind of a hobby, kind of like work.

*I love museums but hate going alone - I cultivate "museum buddies" but they keep graduating (sigh).

*My little list could go on: movies, shopping, travel, computer games etc.

Babylon 5 is my favourite, followed by X-Files and Quantum Leap.
Ah, Quantum Leap! One of my old favourites. I got very upset at the last ever episode though - I didn't like the thought of Sam never getting home again. :(

My hubby is a big Babylon 5 fan...