Bookmarks!

Michelle

I'm sorry to say im a corner turner. My girlfriend bought me a really nice bookmark a while ago but I left it at my parents house when we moved in together. I really should get it back next time im round there. It's got a frog on the top. The girlfriend says I look a bit like a frog. Lovely isnt she. :lol: hehe

• Replies 966
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ages back I wanted a set of twelve matching bookmarks so I could do what Charm's doing - writing the books I read each month on the back of the bookmarks. But I couldn't find any, certainly not any that I could afford!

Came home to my parents house a week ago, what do I find? Mum has a little 'notepad' calender of 12 bookmarks which she can tear out each month :lol:

Ages back I wanted a set of twelve matching bookmarks so I could do what Charm's doing - writing the books I read each month on the back of the bookmarks. But I couldn't find any, certainly not any that I could afford!

Came home to my parents house a week ago, what do I find? Mum has a little 'notepad' calender of 12 bookmarks which she can tear out each month :lol:

That's it! That's the type of thing I'm talking about! Your mum's good to you :lol: What's it like?

I have recently made a bookmark which has a picture of houses and boats featured on it. However as I usually read two books at once i remain a l a corner tuner as well.

100_6164-1.jpg

Edited by joe

I now have a chart to cross stitch the most beautiful bookmark I think I've ever seen! It's from Heaven and Earth designs and has about 90 colours in it or some such thing, so it'll take a while to do, especially as the design is so involved, I won't be able to start on it until later in the year when a) I can print out the chart and :lol: I've finished all the major projects I need to get done by September. It looks like this:

66001724.th.jpg

I bought myself a lovely new bookmark with my left over euros in an airport in Ireland the other week. It's silver and curves slightly, but then the top of it has a hook bit on which hangs out the top down the spine and attached to this is a lovely little teardrop shape with a shamrock and little diamond thing. My description really doesn't do it justice :lol:

I know exactly what you're talking about.. those are very pretty!

My mom & I found the empty hooks in a craft store, and found those pretty Swarvoski crystals that you can string onto jewelry. We used fishing line and strung the crystals on to the hook part of the bookmark, and then attached a sailboat or starfish charm at the end. We put one in the gift baskets we gave to everyone who was in my and Raja's wedding, since it was a destination wedding.

I bought myself a lovely new bookmark with my left over euros in an airport in Ireland the other week. It's silver and curves slightly, but then the top of it has a hook bit on which hangs out the top down the spine and attached to this is a lovely little teardrop shape with a shamrock and little diamond thing. My description really doesn't do it justice ;)

I know exactly what you mean :lol: I have one just like it, except instead of your shamrock and diamond, mine has a star and tassle :roll:

I know exactly what you're talking about.. those are very pretty!

My mom & I found the empty hooks in a craft store, and found those pretty Swarvoski crystals that you can string onto jewelry. We used fishing line and strung the crystals on to the hook part of the bookmark, and then attached a sailboat or starfish charm at the end. We put one in the gift baskets we gave to everyone who was in my and Raja's wedding, since it was a destination wedding.

What a beautiful idea Bethany! They sound gorgeous :roll:

I have several. I've got lots of booksmarks that people have given me, and they end up i my law books, my fiction and everything else. There's a celtic themed one I'm very fond of and one of green leather.

Though my most used bookmark is my sofa - I just hang the book open on the back of the sofa and pick it up and continue next chance I get. :)

Though my most used bookmark is my sofa - I just hang the book open on the back of the sofa and pick it up and continue next chance I get. :)

:D the arm of the sofa in probably my most used bookmark if that counts!

I'm now using a photo of my girlfriend. It's the perfect shape as there was other people in it and I ripped them out.

awww, bless you. That's so sweet.

Me, I usually use random postcards. This works well except that my favourite postcards have to be excluded from the process as the girly touristy glitter tends to stick to the book, which isn't cool. I tried using random scraps of paper (receipts etc.) instead but I swiftly stopped as I felt I was doing my books a world of wrong.

I'd love to upgrade to real bookmarks but they're so expensive... or am I just looking in the wrong shops?

I got a bookmark from my friend, its Dean from Supernatural, please excuse the quality of the photo (my hand is in the photo as well) ~