Michelle

• Replies 966
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 4 weeks later...

I've used bookmarks since I was a kid, never liked the idea of folding over the corners of a page! It looks really ugly, and my books are my babies :motz:

I didn't have a bookmark once so I just used a scrap piece of paper, bf saw it and decided to decorate it for me with kisses and love messages :smile2: It is all tatty now and I hate the idea of using it, it is special and I want to save it :irked:

My bfs a folder, I ended up getting a scrap piece of paper and putting love notes on that to encourage him to use a bookmark :) It did work though

Charm your bookmark is gorgoeus, Gyre has good taste :D

I didn't have a bookmark once so I just used a scrap piece of paper, bf saw it and decided to decorate it for me with kisses and love messages :smile2: It is all tatty now and I hate the idea of using it, it is special and I want to save it :irked:

My bfs a folder, I ended up getting a scrap piece of paper and putting love notes on that to encourage him to use a bookmark :) It did work though

Aw thats so sweet and a great idea to encourage him.

My bf did similar on a bright orange post it note I was using and I can't use ith either, I have it in a keepsake box :motz:

I left him a note one day when I was going home and I noticed the other week he was using it as his bookmark :D

I left him a note one day when I was going home and I noticed the other week he was using it as his bookmark :irked:

Eeeee that is way more sweet :)!!!!

I think it really is time to put the bookmark in my special box. I'm going into town with him tomorrow so I will let him choose me a new one :smile2:

I also can never fold pages back, i think it's blasphemy. I have a very limited supply of bookmarks and am never reading only one book, so i tend to use scrap pieces of paper or random snatches of paper that i've doodled on.

Charm your bookmark is gorgoeus, Gyre has good taste :motz:

thank you :irked:

I didn't have a bookmark once so I just used a scrap piece of paper, bf saw it and decided to decorate it for me with kisses and love messages :smile2: It is all tatty now and I hate the idea of using it, it is special and I want to save it :)

Have you thought of laminating it? My daughter used to draw mini pics and laminate them for book marks. She made loads in all shapes and sizes :D

Great idea about the lamination, since so many of you have special ones. It's very sweet. :smile2: I made Raja a piece of paper with a tiny heart on it, and stuck it in his book. He lost it. :irked: Hmph.

I've started using the business card from the used bookstore we found here.. It marks my book, AND I'll be able to find the bookstore again easily when it's time to go back.

I was staying at a hotel in Istanbul the other day (yeah, yeah, I know I travel too much), and had bought a few books at the airport. Of course, you get into a hotel and just dump everything on the floor if you're as lazy as I am.

Anyway, I went out to get some dinner, and by the time I was back in the room all the books were neatly ordered on the side table, each with a hotel bookmark in them. I know it's completely unnecessary, but it's such a nice touch. Now, of course, I'm using four hotel bookbarks all at the same time in the same book, which is entirely unnecessary...

Anyway, I went out to get some dinner, and by the time I was back in the room all the books were neatly ordered on the side table, each with a hotel bookmark in them.

This did make me smile! Was it a posh hotel?

Now, of course, I'm using four hotel bookbarks all at the same time in the same book, which is entirely unnecessary...

And this made me laugh! Could this fall into bookmark OCD? :irked::smile2:

I use a picture I printed from a copy of Vogue last year, it's from a Roald Dahl shoot Helena Bonham Carter & Tim Burton did (my favourites), in the picture HBC is standing in a broken glass elevator in a field of pink flowers, and it's the most inspiring photograph I've ever seen. The picture itself is a bit bigger than the book I'm reading (alice in wonderland, I can't get enough of children's fiction to distract me from my dissertation!) so the edges are tatty but I'm a big fan of books and things that have been really loved, so I don't mind too much. I also have a copy of the picture on my wall, blown up to poster size. I do hope no-one from Vogue is reading this :welcomebcf: xx