Random Chat

muggle not

8 hours ago, poppy said:

Oh no, Muggle! Is this the first time? ( I feel like it isn't,  but my memory is useless!)

Really hope it doesn't hit you too hard and you make a quick recovery. Healing hugs :empathy:

It is my first time to have covid. Last night was a bad night but feel a little better this morning.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, lunababymoonchild said:

Oh no! I hope that you've had your immunisations. Get well soon!

I have had all my shots. Thanks for the get well wishes.

4 hours ago, Madeleine said:

Oh no, presumably you've done a test?  What are your symptoms?  Hope you don't feel too bad.

Yes, I had the test and it was positive. Symptoms are diarrhea, sore throat, cough and tiredness. Last night my cough felt like someone was rubbing sandpaper in my throat.

The tiredness was the worst, thankfully it only really lasted for a couple of days so hope its the same for you, I got a bad sore throat as well,which I usually get when I have a cold, I found paracetamol didn't really help that much, throat sweets were better for the cough and sore throat.

Feel better soon.

• Like 1

On 9/6/2023 at 1:17 AM, muggle not said:

I have been diagnosed with Covid.  🙁

☹️ hopefully it’s mild and you’ll be over it in no time - the newer variant is supposed to be much, much less serious. Plenty of vitamin C, water and rest! 

• Like 1

On 9/10/2023 at 4:36 AM, poppy said:

How are you doing, Muggle? 🤒

Not recuperating as quickly as I thought I would, however, still feeling much better.

Where has Chrissy been, haven't seen her on here lately.

Edited by muggle not

On 9/12/2023 at 1:25 AM, muggle not said:

Not recuperating as quickly as I thought I would, however, still feeling much better.

Where has Chrissy been, haven't seen her on here lately.

Glad you're feeling better, keep getting plenty of rest 😘

I'll find out what Chrissy's up to 😊

• Like 1

So sorry to read that you have covid , @muggle not It's horrible, isn't it? 

I've had it twice now, and all I can say is rest, rest, then rest some more! I found for a few weeks afterwards on both occasions that I was ridiculously tired, even though I had completely recovered from all the other symptoms. 

And let your body dictate what it wants to do and have. I found that was the only way to go, so I napped when it came over me to do so, and ate exactly what I fancied when I wanted it. Food wise I found myself craving 'clean' foods, so lots of fruit and vegetables and the like. I hope you are fully recovered soon.

Sorry for my absence on the forum. I have been busy combined with being quite down, which is a terrible combination and makes me much less sociable. It also brings any reading to a complete halt, a fact I loathe as I always found losing myself in a book as wonderfully rejuvenating. I am climbing out the current pit of bleurgh, so will be more active. ☺️

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

It's so hard to believe we're already two days into October! Where has the time gone?!! It's still pretty warm but there is definitely the hint of a cooling off. I've spent the last week slowly refilling my deep freezer and pantry. Not sure what the political, financial, and health (covid, flu, RSV, etc) climate will be so I'm just prepping. I have completed my physicals, dental appt, and vision so no surprises there. 

Seems like now is just a prep and waiting game for whatever.

Same here, it's unseasonably warm though there is a bit of a chill, the trees haven't started to turn yet, probably because of the late warm weather,but I walked into a wall of Halloween stuff in the supermarket yesterday.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Madeleine said:

Same here, it's unseasonably warm though there is a bit of a chill, the trees haven't started to turn yet, probably because of the late warm weather,but I walked into a wall of Halloween stuff in the supermarket yesterday.

I was sitting on my porch this morning and noticed that our leaves are changing. It's so gradual that if I wasn't looking for it, I wouldn't notice it. 

I walked into Walmart and was surrounded by Halloween, Thanksgiving, AND Christmas decorations. I backed away slowly. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I found myself in a right bad temper last night. I was happily wrestling with Laszlo Krasznahorkai on Kindle when I decided to look ahead and see if this section was broken up into chapters or was one long section and the stupid Kindle kept crashing. I had to wait for it to reload itself and it took me several attempts (because I was thoroughly immersed in reading the book) at that before I realised that I should delete the e-book altogether and then reload it, which I did and that worked. 'You don't get this with paper books!' I fumed and promptly bought the paper book. I've calmed down now and that's the only trouble I've had with Kindle since I bought it last year. I'm happy to have the paper version and think that from now on I'll just buy the paper version of Krasznahorkai's books so that I don't get interrupted, I was very deeply into the book (I don't read in waiting rooms because I get so deeply into a book I don't hear my name being called!). Rant over.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, lunababymoonchild said:

I found myself in a right bad temper last night. I was happily wrestling with Laszlo Krasznahorkai on Kindle when I decided to look ahead and see if this section was broken up into chapters or was one long section and the stupid Kindle kept crashing. I had to wait for it to reload itself and it took me several attempts (because I was thoroughly immersed in reading the book) at that before I realised that I should delete the e-book altogether and then reload it, which I did and that worked. 'You don't get this with paper books!' I fumed and promptly bought the paper book. I've calmed down now and that's the only trouble I've had with Kindle since I bought it last year. I'm happy to have the paper version and think that from now on I'll just buy the paper version of Krasznahorkai's books so that I don't get interrupted, I was very deeply into the book (I don't read in waiting rooms because I get so deeply into a book I don't hear my name being called!). Rant over.

Re-downloading the book didn't work and it was working on all my other Kindle apps. What's the problem? Then it hit me, I removed all the books that I have read from my Kindle reader and that worked. Yay, me!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, lunababymoonchild said:

Re-downloading the book didn't work and it was working on all my other Kindle apps. What's the problem? Then it hit me, I removed all the books that I have read from my Kindle reader and that worked. Yay, me!

Glad you go that sorted!!

Random chat,

I'm currently waiting on the body shop to call me and let me know I can pick up my Range Rover. I sent it in for some repairs but there is such uncertainty of when the actual part will come in that I told them to just put it back together and call me when it comes in. 

I'm also waiting for the HVAC guy to come and do the winter checkup on our unit to make sure it's winter-ready. 

Adulting means waiting and paying. 😉

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

My Granddaughter lives in NYC and over the weekend traveled up state to visit Sleepy Hollow. Washington Irving is buried there. 

He is the author of the Classic "Legend of Sleepy Hollow" (Ichabod Crane & The Headless Horseman) as well as Rip Van Winkle. I have posted a couple photos my GD sent of the Cemetary where he is buried. He wrote short stories and those 2 became a Classic.

The photo that includes a lot of headstones shows the one of Washington Irving. Enlarge the photo and his is the photo between 2 American flags.

Washington irving - 1.JPEG

Washington Irving - 2.JPEG

• Like 2