Your Book Activiy - October 2022

lunababymoonchild

• Brian. pinned this topic

The Passenger by Cormac McCarthy will be released Oct. 25, 2022.

A second volume in the Passenger Series, Stella Maris,  will go on sale December 6th, 2022.

The Passenger is the story of a salvage diver, haunted by loss, afraid of the watery deep, pursued for a conspiracy beyond his understanding, and longing for a death he cannot reconcile with God.

Arguably, Cormac McCarthy may be the greatest living author. Both books will certainly be on my TBR list.

Taking on two huge History books at the same time wasn't the wisest move. I've put aside the book about the Jacobites and have stuck with Churchill by Andrew Roberts and I'm halfway through The Mermaids Singing by Val McDermid.

I’m about to start Carrie Soto is Back by Taylor Jenkins Read. I’ve never read anything by this author before, but she seems to be extremely popular at the moment and as this one is about tennis, which I love, I thought I’d give it a go.

Finished Andrey Kurkev's Death and the Penguin, a book group choice, and my book for Ukraine on my reading around the world challenge.  Rattled through it, enjoyed it well enough, but never felt really engaged - my problem all too often with satire.  3 stars.