What Are You Watching 2022

Hux

Yes Lyra has really grown up hasn't she?  They were delayed due to Covid which didn't help with continuity!  I've watched the first 2 episodes so far and it's a bit clunky, too many people telling other people that Lyra is in danger so it got a bit repetitive after a while.  So far I prefer the books, but I wasn't that keen on the third book so it'll be interesting to see if I prefer the TV version overall.

Over the Christmas period, I watched the 'Detectorists' special, which I enjoyed tremendously; and the Final 'Doc Martin' special which I liked but thought was a bit 'meh'. And of course the excellent (as always) 'Ghosts' Christmas special.Otherwise it was all films that have been shown before, or reality tosh (which you could not pay me enough to watch!)

I agree, Xmas TV was pretty appalling this year, very little choice of new shows and so many same old same old repeats.  I agree Doc Martin was pleasant enough but nothing special, likewise Death in Paradise.  And apart from the Bake Off special on Xmas Eve, last Saturday was abysmal.

The only things we bothered to watch was the Dollshouse programme and Ghostbusters. It left lots of time for reading and as my daughter had brought one of her library books with her for me to read and had to take it back with her I was rather pleased.

On 1/1/2023 at 10:17 PM, timebug said:

Over the Christmas period, I watched the 'Detectorists' special, which I enjoyed tremendously; and the Final 'Doc Martin' special which I liked but thought was a bit 'meh'. And of course the excellent (as always) 'Ghosts' Christmas special.Otherwise it was all films that have been shown before, or reality tosh (which you could not pay me enough to watch!)

I'm in NZ so we often have to wait for these programmes. I watched the latest Doc Martin series, which I really enjoyed but haven't seen the Christmas special. Detectorists has been on Netflix but I missed it. Hopefully it will be repeated. I watched the first series of Ghosts and thought it very funny.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/3/2023 at 11:12 PM, poppy said:

I'm in NZ so we often have to wait for these programmes. I watched the latest Doc Martin series, which I really enjoyed but haven't seen the Christmas special. Detectorists has been on Netflix but I missed it. Hopefully it will be repeated. I watched the first series of Ghosts and thought it very funny.

Doc Martin Christmas special is pretty good too. 

• Like 1