How Much Do You Read A Day?

Adam

On average how many pages do you read a day?

I know some people are able to get through books in one sitting, something I have never done.

I try to savor the book and I read maybe twenty to thirty pages a day. I am so busy and finding the time to read is hard for me.

If I can read 100 pages a day I'm very happy, although it depends to some extent on how 'heavy' the book is and also if the print is very small I'm not likely to read as much. With my current book I've been reading about 30 pages a day, but I've had a lot on and I've been very tired so it's been hard to commit to it.

I can't get through books in one sitting because I'm not that fast a reader!

I average at about 100 pages a day, more or less, but it really depends on a lot of factors including how much spare time I have, how I'm feeling, how much I'm enjoying the book, etc.

A few people have been expressing surprise that I finished The Stand by Stephen King in a week (1007 pages), but seeing as it was my week off, I was more surprised that I didn't finish it several days sooner! In the end, I had so much to do during the week that I didn't get nearly as much reading time as I had expected and ended up reading it at roughly the same rate I might have done had I NOT had the week off!

On a normal day i try to average 30 - 50 pages a day, unless i'm totally engrossed then it's obvioulsly a lot higher. Struggling to find time to read at the moment what with running round after hubby and daughters hockey. (Mental note to self...need more ME time! :lol:)

On average how many pages do you read a day?

I know some people are able to get through books in one sitting, something I have never done.

I try to savor the book and I read maybe twenty to thirty pages a day. I am so busy and finding the time to read is hard for me.

Like you Adam I tend to read on average 20 - 30 pages a day, or should I say night since the time I read is usually in bed. I carry on reading until I am dropping off to sleep and can't keep my eyes open any longer. I have never read a book in one sitting either. :lol:

Ditto Severnlad - 20-30 pages at night until I am sleepy.

My son regularly reads a book at one sitting. He will stay up all night reading. The latest Cherub book released last week by Robert Muchamore was demolished in one day and night last weekend. :lol:

Is this my 1000th post? I can't tell.

Ooh yes it is!

I probably average about 20-30 pages a day. It's rare that I read more than 20 pages at bedtime (my preferred time for reading) but if i read during the day it tends to be more (I rarely do that, maybe once a week). Also I don't read every night, maybe 4 or 5 nights a week, it depends how tired I am.

So on average it must be about 20-30 pages a day. I get through probably just under 2 books a month.

I did read animal farm in one go, but it's very short and easy to read. That was a long time ago, when I was young and had more time I guess. I can't see it happening these days!

I would LOVE to be able to read more but I am too easily distracted and have too much to do. :lol:

I'm the same. I make 50 my target but don't always achieve it - it does help though having a target as it focuses my reading especially when time is tight.

If I don't have much time because of either college work, helping at home or doing jobs for friends and family, then I tend to read about 20 - 40 pages a day. If I have plenty of time, then I can read up to 150 pages in a day.

LOL I was worried I was a 'light' reader. I love reading, but finding the time is just so hard. Like most of you I read before bed aswell. There is just less noise and there are no distractions.

I manage about a book and a half a month.

For me it is a very difficult question to answer. I have to read a lot of professional stuff and so the time available for recreational books is limited. As a rough estimate, I'd say that I read about 20 fiction books in a year and maybe an equal number of non-fiction, but a lot of the latter are reference works and so read in stages.