What's the weather like?

Virginia

It did get very humid and threatening, but nothing happened.  Very warm today, not sure if it will storm or not as the forecast was a bit vague for the south east. I did water the garden last night in case it didn't rain.

• 4 weeks later...

Still no rain to speak of, very cloudy and a few drops now and again, but I had to water one of my plants earlier as it was drooping.  Meant to be heavy rain coming but so far none this week. I've only been watering where I've had to, ie if a plant is wilting or looks very dried out.

Tomatoes are coming along nicely though.

In yesterday's torrential rain, I watched a couple of young men in the park, with no shirt on, playing table tennis in the pouring rain. A young Chinese couple, smitten, caressing, bowing, heavy snogging. by the swings.I believe his marriage proposal was accepted.  

All really interesting in the rain.

Edited by itsmeagain

We just had loads of snails outside!  They seem to like one plant in particular, counted nearly 10 of them on the plant, though they don't seem to be doing any damage as it's still growing and flowering.

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

Well after the burst of late summer it's all changed, we had lots of weather on Sunday, rained a bit in the afternoon, then at 12.45 at night I was woken up by rain absolutely hammering down, lots of lightning and thunder rumbling in the distance.  Since then it's rained a bit more but has mainly been incredibly windy. I've cut down my sunflowers, which were pretty much finished anyway, and agapanthus (also finished) to stop them blowing over.

We just got back from a four-day cruise that left out of Miami, Florida. The trip out was dreary, with storms and dreary. That was going from Columbia, South Carolina, to Charlotte, North Carolina. By the time we got to Florida it was sweltering. The ship was sunny, almost like a separate country. But the third day out was rainy and cloudy out in the Atlantic, then it cleared up when we reached Nassau. When we caught our flight it was dreary yet again!

The temps are now more typical for our location, it's cool in the morning, warming by afternoon but we can feel the change. I'm so glad!

Today will be sunny and a bit warm but I won't complain. Just a few more days and then our "cool streak" will be here for good I think.

Very wet and windy last night but nice today, still windy but sunny, so like Brian I've been getting as much sun as possible, even managed an ice cream as well!  Currently on hols in Dorset so have managed some beach walks, but think it will change after today.

• 1 month later...

So, here it is, almost the 1st of November and it's 86 degrees here in the southern parts of the US. TOMORROW, on the other hand, will be in the low 60s with a 40% chance of rain. It'll be the perfect day to cuddle up with a good book. My ankle is swollen so I won't be able to walk my boy on this gorgeous day so I'll sit on my patio or front porch to soak it all in.

On 10/30/2023 at 12:03 PM, Madeleine said:

Wet and windy here,and in the low to mid teens.  Hope the ankle gets better soon.

Thanks, it's still the same. 

I'm not ready for temps in the teens!😬

After enjoying unseasonably warm temps for the past three/four days, it is now FALL.  It's in the low 60s today, grey and breezy with a slight chance for rain. I plan to stay put.