What's the weather like?

Virginia

We have snow!  Started early evening and fell heavily and solidly for a while, though I think it had stopped around 11.00 last night, the light was so eerie and bright it looked like our security light was on, took a few pics so will try to post later, have a new laptop so still getting used to using it!

We had a fair chunk of overnight snow in Bedfordshire. The main roads are fine but some of the side roads are a bit sketchy. Luckily I'm not working today but I am tomorrow and I will need to try to get there in an MX5. It's going to be interesting to say the least.

It snowed here yesterday, and settled. It made everything look magical, although driving in and out of the village was fun! Most of the local roads were pretty clear, and everyone was taking it quite slow in case of icy patches.

It has been melting and drippy all day, and we are expecting freezing temperatures tonight. Driving out tomorrow should be stimulating especially as we have to collect a friend and drive them somewhere, on top of our weekly food shopping trip. 

It’s bloody cold here. It lightly snowed Thursday/Friday last week and although we haven’t had any more, it’s still hanging around. It hasn’t been above freezing since and overnight it’s been getting down to -7 or 8.

The heating is now back on its usual schedule and will be for the foreseeable future!

We had fairly heavy snow on Sunday night, there's still quite a lot of it in the garden and as it's lovely and sunny today it looks very pretty, glittering in the sun.

However I've discovered it's really hard trying to wheel a wheelie bin through snow....(bin day today).

33 minutes ago, Madeleine said:

However I've discovered it's really hard trying to wheel a wheelie bin through snow....(bin day today).

Agree…it was bin day for me yesterday and it was not easy manoeuvring them through the snow, and we didn’t even have that much!

We’ve got heavy snow forecast for today, and yet so far not so much as a flake has fallen. In fact, it’s been drizzling with rain all morning and it’s a couple of degrees above freezing, so maybe we’re going to escape it completely.

48 minutes ago, lunababymoonchild said:

It's raining here and absolutely lethal as the black ice that you can't see is melting and like glass. 

Yeah, I’ve just watched one of my neighbours slip and slide her way to her car. I’m feeling quite smug that I don’t need to leave the house today.

We had a little bit of snow fall yesterday which is still hanging about today.

I’m not really up to date yet on where everyone is from/living but I hope all our American and Canadian members are all okay and haven’t been hit too hard with the winter storm that’s hit large parts of the country recently. Has anyone been affected by it? And, if so, do you have any photos?