What's the weather like?

Virginia

6 hours ago, Madeleine said:

I remember Palmettos from when I was on holiday in Florida - huge things!:o  And we had roach stuff everywhere, under the beds etc.  The humidity was off the scale.  What we had here the other day came close but  thankfully is still quite rare.

Nothing quite like having a flying Palmetto bug aiming for your head! 

• 3 weeks later...

Just back from a week in Devon, for once picked the right week and spent the 4 day heatwave on the coast and in the sea, bliss!  Nights were still pretty uncomfortable though.  The weather broke on Monday and we had a storm in the afternoon, came home yesterday, rained a bit on the way back, but today it's been stormy all afternoon, with heavy rain - at least I won't need to water the garden!  A lot of plant dead heading to do though.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Waiting thru Hurricane Ian. It's cold, wet, windy, and wretched. But I'm thankful that so far we haven't lost electricity although at last county, over 200k in my state (South Carolina) and as of 1700 Eastern time it just made landfall at a Cat 1 but it's slow moving.

On 10/1/2022 at 9:57 AM, Virginia said:

Waiting thru Hurricane Ian. It's cold, wet, windy, and wretched. But I'm thankful that so far we haven't lost electricity although at last county, over 200k in my state (South Carolina) and as of 1700 Eastern time it just made landfall at a Cat 1 but it's slow moving.

Hope you haven't been badly affected by the hurricane,  Virginia, and you're staying safe. The devastation in Florida is horrifying.

• 4 weeks later...

Today has been very hit and miss, some sunshine at times but also grey and overcast with some rain at others.

Also the clocks went back in the UK last night as Daylight Saving ended so we are plunged into darkness now until March - not mentally ready for late autumn/winter at all  ❄️😂

13 hours ago, MikeWilson said:

Today has been very hit and miss, some sunshine at times but also grey and overcast with some rain at others.

Also the clocks went back in the UK last night as Daylight Saving ended so we are plunged into darkness now until March - not mentally ready for late autumn/winter at all  ❄️😂

Yes it's a bit disconcerting isn't it, yesterday felt like a very long day, though it was quite nice weatherwise.  Saturday was glorious and I even had tea in the garden, watching a parakeet pecking at an apple in our neighbour's tree.

• Like 1

I’m usually complaining the weekend is over too fast, but yesterday was the longest day ever!

We did go through a cold spell, but it’s been a fair bit milder for the last week or so, which is good as we’re trying to avoid putting the heating on for as long as possible! We have had a lot of rain recently though, but today hasn’t been too bad. A bit damp but otherwise not too bad a day for the time of year.

It was lovely and sunny this morning, but changed gradually during the afternoon, and rained quite heavily from about 5.00 onwards ,which I think has deterred trick or treaters!  Loads of fireworks going off though.

Looks like the rest of the week will be wet and windy.

Today is the first day it's not only FELT like fall, but LOOKED like fall! When you live in the southern parts of the US, you take the "fall" feeling where and when you can get it! 😆Lots of swirling, colorful leaves, windy, and cool. I am content. Especially since the rest of the week looks to be almost the same, except for some rain tomorrow. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...