What's the weather like?

Virginia

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

After a cloudy start it's been lovely today. Managed a shortish walk over the local nature reserve, still a few bluebells though they're pretty much going over now, and it was still quite muddy.  Had tea in the garden and had to go into the shade as it got so warm!

• Like 1

I think yesterday was the first properly warm day of the year! 

14 hours ago, Madeleine said:

still a few bluebells though they're pretty much going over now

I still have lots in my garden, I love them.

We're having what I call thunderplump weather. It's humid and still and when I was a child this meant that we had a thunderstorm.  It then poured torrentially and it was still hot but everything was dripping and it did clear the air. Unfortunately we have had neither thunder or rain but it's still humid and still.

Had that sort of weather when I was in Florida many years ago.... it was so humid, and when it rained it was like a warm shower.

No one forecast gale force winds here today, one of my mini greenhouses got blown over, lost some seedlings and it made a right mess, can't put it back together at the moment as it's still too windy.

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/12/2023 at 2:29 PM, lunababymoonchild said:

thunderplump

Thunderplump is a brilliant word 😄

My weather app is telling me it will be 28C today (!) and might thunder. Not ideal on one of my busiest work days 🥲

• Like 1