What's the weather like?

Virginia

It is pouring down right now, cool, and the electricity just came back on after a couple of hours off. Fingers crossed it doesn't go out again. How those repair guys manage to fix it that fast is a miracle to me! It was out all over the area, several cities around here were dark.

It's been raining for several days now, not like this right here, but the rivers are at flood stage. Thankfully not right by us. They say it'll be clear tomorrow though.

I hope the electricity doesn't go out again! It sounds like a huge hassle. Nice they fixed it fast last time.

Here the weather has been a bit cold (a bit below freezing at night, a bit above freezing at day), and we've had a bit of snow but not much. The past few days though the roads have been a bit icy but gladly so far no one (I know of) has fallen badly yet.

I have never known it so cold here in the midlands.  We have had to have the heating on all the time day and night.  This morning took hubby a long time to defrost the car he said the ice was rock solid. 

Roll on summer.

It's been really mild here, was much too warm walking around in my coat the last few days. Yesterday and today the temperature has dropped temporarily - I think today is one of the coldest days we've had so far this winter. Certainly feels it. Beautiful clear blue skies too. The only rain we've had recently was New Years Eve :lol: It's meant to get milder again though, unfortunately.

Lots of rain. The thunder was so bad around 0130 that it woke me up. I thought it was an explosion. I'd never heard anything like it!

If the rain let's up enough to make the trip worthwhile, I need to get to the library. But ONLY if the rain abates.

Icy cold this morning, -2ºC when I left for work, and didn't get much above 6ºC all day.  Went out for a walk during my lunch break and in the shadow of the buildings and the trees, the ground was still covered in ice!  Bright and sunny though, so another lovely day as far as I'm concerned. :D

I set the alarm for 10 minutes early in case I needed to scrape the car, but found I don't have to, so I logged on to here instead.

I did exactly the same! :lol: I just got into work 10 minutes early instead :D

Milder today, and a bit grey and cloudy when I popped out at lunchtime, although I have noticed it's definitely getting darker a bit later, and I'm driving home in twilight rather than the dark. :)

I don't think that hate is a strong enough word for what I'm feeling about where I live right now.  It's -24f, aka -31c :motz:.  Time to power down, hibernate and dream about my retirement in a warmer part of the country.

I don't think that hate is a strong enough word for what I'm feeling about where I live right now.  It's -24f, aka -31c :motz:.  Time to power down, hibernate and dream about my retirement in a warmer part of the country.

Dude, that's cold! Take care, babe!  :empathy:

It's been a wild ride over here. It was +7c in Helsinki on New Year's Eve. Then on Monday it got a bit colder and started snowing. On Tuesday, we had snow all over the place! And then on Thursday, it was -17c. What a change in a week! It's cold today, too, so I'm staying in (it's a bank holiday, wohooo!), and I'm going to just relax and take it easy and enjoy the warmth of my apartment :smile2: 

That seems insane! Is that normal where you live? Good luck, I hope you'll be okay :(.

Here it was -8 °C last night, and it will stay below freezing during the day. It should be a bit warmer in a couple of days.

Yes, it's pretty normal for this part of the country, Athena, at least for January.  I'm also living further north in the state currently and it's always about 10-15 degrees colder up here than it is down in the major metropolitan areas.  

Looks like the sun will be out again but meant to be cloudy later on, which will luckily bring us up to 1f.  Woo!

Its cold and dreary with on and off again rain drizzle. We're hunkering down for a "snow storm" here in the south. We should be getting snow late tonight or early in the morning. Because of where we live (Southeastern part of the US) we don't get snow often so when we do, they break out the salt trucks and start closing everything down and all the grocery store shelves become butt naked. Most of my native born neighbors (who didn't migrate here from the North and Midwest) loose there bloody minds when a snow flurry shows itself. For this reason, I stay put. I grew up and learned out to drive in Virginia. I took my driving lessons IN the snow, on a four lane highway with 18-wheeler trucks in front and coming up beside me. I feel like a pro, lol! These individuals who don't drive well in most kinds of precipitation panic and do really dumb stuff. 

Its safe to assume that I'm not leaving home til the weather clears up. Good thing I already stocked up!

It's pretty cold here today and it snowed overnight, there is drizzle too. The roads are very icy. The whole country has 'code oranje' (Dutch) or 'code orange' (translation), meaning that if you don't absolutely have to go out (on the roads), don't go out.