Has anyone read...?

Janet

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 637
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brida, I've read the novel and I really enjoyed it. Unlike Lucybird, for example, I thought it was totally hilarious at times. I would definitely recommend it, unless you dislike a bit of dark humour here and there :wink:

I have that book, started reading it, didn't get into it the first couple of pages, really need to go back to it. I loved 'The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night Time'.

I have that book, started reading it, didn't get into it the first couple of pages, really need to go back to it. I loved 'The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night Time'.

I should probably warn you that in my opinion (and according to the opinions of other people as well) A Spot of Bother is nothing like The Curious Incident and I think everyone's enjoyed The Curious Incident a lot more, so go with an open mind and don't compare the two books :)

• 2 weeks later...

I should probably warn you that in my opinion (and according to the opinions of other people as well) A Spot of Bother is nothing like The Curious Incident and I think everyone's enjoyed The Curious Incident a lot more, so go with an open mind and don't compare the two books :)

I've read and enjoyed 'A Spot of Bother' but agree with Frankie that this book is nothing like 'The Curious Incident'. I found it very funny in places and a good read, though.

Has anyone read The Brooklyn Follies by Paul Auster. I am strugging with this but I'm not yet up to page 50.

I haven't read this one, but I have read another book by Paul Auster, and he can be quite a tricky author to read.

Has anyone read The Brooklyn Follies by Paul Auster. I am strugging with this but I'm not yet up to page 50.

Yes, I have, and I loved it! The ending puts it all into perspective. I cried.

I will admit that I love Paul Auster's writing, so my opinion is most likely biased.

If you are struggling with it, maybe he isn't for you. I usually breeze through his books in a day or so.

I hope you will attempt to finish it. You might be pleasantly surprised. :)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm trying to wait for the paperback, but I know I'll cave in long before then :D

Play.com offers the book for only £10.49 which I don't think is too expensive for a very popular hardcover novel, I know that in stores it would be at least £15, at least I think so. :wink:

• 3 weeks later...

Has anyone read The Gift by Cecelia Ahern and is it worth trying to get in to it?

I read it a couple of years ago and if memory serves, it did take me ages to get into. But like all Cecelia books lately, the last third of the book flew in and I believe I even shed a wee tear! :blush:

Has anyone read the Succubus series by Richelle Mead? if so id love to hear what you think :)

I loved this series. It is quite funny and I got more attached to the characters as it went along. Definitely worth a read if you are into that genre (supernatural).

If you have read other Richelle Mead books I think this is the best of her 3 series.

Has anyone read the Succubus series by Richelle Mead? if so id love to hear what you think :)

Yep, I've read them too. I personally don't think her adult books are as good as her YA, and the Succubus are probably my least favourite of her series, but they're still good no-brain required reading for evenings after a hard day at work!

I would respond..but I think ill get banned for sharing my opinion :(

Eh?

If you have read the Forstyte Saga and want to talk about that then of course you won't get banned. People only get banned in extreme circumstances, and usually only if they refuse to follow the rules or sign up just to promote their own work and then never return. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone read The Forsythe Saga by John Galsworthy? I'm struggling to get into it at the moment so I'm hoping someone else has read it & enjoyed it.

You are probably well into The Forsythe Saga now (or have given it up completely!); I read it and the sequel A Modern Comedy in my teens and loved them, I would like to get the third trilogy but need to read the first two again to refresh my memory of the storylines I think.

Has anyone read Anne Bishop? I feel tempted to read The Black Jewels Series but...

I'm sorry I didn't see this sooner! I love Anne Bishop, but I'll be the first one to admit that these books aren't for everyone. What kind of books do you normally read? The books have a well-described world and interesting characters. If you can live with a certain amount of sex and violence in your books, then you should definately read these.

• 2 weeks later...

hi this book I'm going to ask you about might not be to your taste but just in case I was wondering if anyone has read ' scandalous' by tilly bagshawe I recently got given it and its not something I usually go for but I pretty much read anything I can get my hands on!

have you read any of her books at all? if so could you tell me wether I should give them a try or not thanks :D

I read something by Tilly Bagshawe ages ago. I think it was her first book. It was a fairly below average read unfortunately although she may have improved. It was readable though _ I didn't have to abandon it. I think I didn't like it because the heroine was filthy rich and dressed in designer clothes. I like chick-lit but only with realistic people. The "designer chick-lit" does nothing for me. Good luck with your reading.