Your Book Activity - October 2013

Kylie

I finally finished Emma:exc:

x

Congrats!!

I've been reading several books for the read-a-thon, after the weekend I'll probably go back to reading IT by Stephen King (I'm not sure if it should be written in capitals or not, it's like that on the book but on GoodReads it isn't).

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really enjoyed it! The only thing I would say is I found the ending a bit... Abrupt. Can I say that or is it too spoilery? Not sure.

I agree with you on this. Aside from that, I enjoyed it, but it's the main reason why I didn't give it a higher score.

I received two books in the post today, one was 'Marina' by Carlos Ruiz Zafon, a pre order that I had forgotten about, and also 'Daring to Dream' by Nora Roberts which was sent to me by a friend who knows I like her books.

This has taken me over my quota of 50 on my TBR shelf so I need to get some serious reading done.

I also went to the library with my 8 year old as he asked to and it happens soooo rarely I couldn't say no! I was very good though and only picked up 'Splinter' by Sebastian Fitzek which has been on my wish list for a while.

Edited by chaliepud

Finished Easy by Tammara Webber, it wasn't what I was expecting, I thought it was going to be a typical YA romance but it was a little more mature than that, dealing with rape issues and really quite sexy!

Will start Splinter by Sebastian Fitzek soon as it's a library book, then Yes Man as I want to see if it's appropriate for my 14 year old.

Finished Eye of the Needle by Ken Follett and A Streetcar Named Desire by Tennessee Williams.

Both great books, aren't they?! Did you like them, Pontalba?

Finished two books tonight, written by two young and talented italian authors. I'm going to the library tomorrow to see if my copy of The Book Thief is arrived. I can't wait to read it, I saw so many great comments here.. and it'll be my first book in english after several months!! :D  The next one will be The Perks of being a Wallflower, seems some of you liked it, don't you?

I liked it though I didn't love it the way some people did. I gave it 4 out of 5 stars (8/10). It's a good story in my opinion and well written. It just was hard for me to get into the mind of a teenage boy. I hope you get to read The Book Thief soon :).

Both great books, aren't they?! Did you like them, Pontalba?

I loved both of them Eleonora.  I put reviews on my book thread, both highly rated. :D

I've started The Kraken Wakes......so far, so good! :)

I've just finished Hollow Earth. I liked it a lot, even though I still think the main characters are kinda stereotypical and nondescript. Perhaps the author was going for immersion, which would probably have worked a lot better if I where 13 again. ;)

I'm a chapter away from the end of hidden depths and I didn't guess who. I'm sure I've seen rhis episode, but maybe not.

Plodding through A Void by Georges Perec - a novel without the letter 'e'. Plots and subplots awash the first 72 pages - so pretty hard to follow them.

Finished two books tonight, written by two young and talented italian authors. I'm going to the library tomorrow to see if my copy of The Book Thief is arrived. I can't wait to read it, I saw so many great comments here.. and it'll be my first book in english after several months!! :D  The next one will be The Perks of being a Wallflower, seems some of you liked it, don't you?

I loved The Perks of Being a Wallflower, I really hope you will enjoy it, too! :) And I hope you got your copy of The Book Thief!! :)

I'm just over 200 pages into A Deepness in the Sky by Vernor Vinge :smile:

Wow, how did you get there so quickly? :o

Plodding through A Void by Georges Perec - a novel without the letter 'e'. Plots and subplots awash the first 72 pages - so pretty hard to follow them.

I really want to read this some day. I hope you enjoy it, can't wait for your review :)

I've still got 300 pages of The Class. Uni years are behind now, real life has begun. Can't wait to see what happens. (I was leafing through the pages to see where The Reunion section starts, and it's only 16 pages long. :( What a bummer!)

A Void by Georges Perec, up to page 112. The plots thicken, again.

Hi frankie, I think that you will be disappointed when I try to review this books - I am pretty cr*p at doing reviews! :giggle:  I can't manage to structure them, and this is turning to be a complicated one.