Your Book Activity ~ March 2013

Kylie

Meh as in meh, the book? I'll have to pop in your thread to read the review and see if you thought as highly of it as I did :giggle2:

Meanwhile, in counter reality: Janet did not buy one single book today, just like she didn't in the other past days for so and so years...

:giggle2:

I finished Dangerous Liaisons last night (still need to figure out what I made of it) and started reading Black Swan Green by David Mitchell (which I'm absolutely loving).

Heh, meh the book (Prime of JB).  I haven't written anything on it yet...mostly because anything I'd written last night would have been too cutting.  Plus I'm trying to see it in context.  /groans/

Hah, can't wait to read your take on DL!  :coffee1:

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm focussing on my dissertation this month, so I'm expecting to read Pat Barker's Regeneration Trilogy a couple of times *yay*

Actually, I really do adore these books.

I read them when I was in college, really great books. I would re-visit them but my TBR pile is growing faster than I can read!

Heh, meh the book (Prime of JB).  I haven't written anything on it yet...mostly because anything I'd written last night would have been too cutting.  Plus I'm trying to see it in context.  /groans/

I'm so sorry you didn't enjoy it... but then again, it's one of my least liked books so you're/I'm in good company :giggle2: (And I wouldn't have minded reading a cutting review.... Oh I'm so bad :giggle:)

My friend, who is moving up the country tomorrow, donated her little bookcase to me. It's only a little 3-shelf case, but it holds about 65 books on the shelves and I'll stack a few more on the top, so I'll get almost half of my books onto it! I haven't organised the books yet, I just picked out favourites/TBRs and piled them in. I'll sort them out at the weekend, though I have to admit the sort of dishevelled-secondhand-bookstore look the case has got going on right now!

I'm so sorry you didn't enjoy it... but then again, it's one of my least liked books so you're/I'm in good company :giggle2: (And I wouldn't have minded reading a cutting review.... Oh I'm so bad :giggle:)

ROTFALOLTIC!  Love it.  Welllllll, we shall see.  The good part is that it was only 130-odd pages long.  :rolleyes:

Hehe!  It'll never happen!  I think the world would implode if it did!  :giggle2:

Personally, I think we're all doing very well to stimulate the economy through the selfless act of book buying :P

I have started Chocolat by Joanne Harris today, because it needs to go back to the library, and because I'm still in the "needing something light" phase following Dangerous Liaisons.

Personally, I think we're all doing very well to stimulate the economy through the selfless act of book buying :P

Oooh, I like that excuse reason - good one! :D

I read Chocolat quite a few years ago and enjoyed it - hope you do too. :)

I have finally finished reading Stiff by Mary Roach, which I started reading last year. The reason it has taken so long is nothing to do with the book and everything to do with the reader. The book is awesome. :)

I've now started reading Smithereens by Shaun Micallef (brilliant Australian comedian) and I'll Go Home Then; It's Warm and Has Chairs by David Thorne (Australian humorist who is probably best known for an email exchange in which he tried to pay an overdue bill with a picture of a spider, which you can read here).

I'm focussing on my dissertation this month, so I'm expecting to read Pat Barker's Regeneration Trilogy a couple of times *yay*

Actually, I really do adore these books.

One of my literature teachers was recommending this to our class when we were deciding what to do for our comparison essay.

Over 100 pages into The Reality Dysfunction. Slowly getting better and understandable. They need a "The Reality Dysfunction for Dummies" with easier less scientific language. :lol:

Haven't read in a couple of days because I was too worried about my poorly pup. But he appears to be on the mend now so maybe I can pick up a book again. Of course, I'm behind on my studies as well, so I need to play catch up there. Aaaargh! :banghead:

I have finally finished reading Stiff by Mary Roach, which I started reading last year. The reason it has taken so long is nothing to do with the book and everything to do with the reader. The book is awesome. :)

Agreed.  I got more strange looks from laugh out loud moments than any other ever 

I have started Chocolat by Joanne Harris today, because it needs to go back to the library, and because I'm still in the "needing something light" phase following Dangerous Liaisons.

I love Chocolat, only problem is the descriptions of chocolate make me want it!

I've finally finished a book! i finished Life of Pi yesterday and have finally started Dangerous Liasons

What did you think of Life of Pi?

and which ending do you think is 'true'?

I finished The Snow Child today. I enjoyed it but it was a bit slow to start then ended too soon! I'm hoping to start Kate Atkinson's new one, Life After Life, next which I have an advance kindle copy of.

Completed Charlotte Bronte's Villette last night - and it's easily one of my favourite classics.

What am amazing book!

Have picked up The Last of the Mohicans by James Fenimore Cooper to read next.

Edited by bree

ROTFALOLTIC!  Love it.  Welllllll, we shall see.  The good part is that it was only 130-odd pages long.  :rolleyes:

Yes, that was pretty much the only thing working for it... :giggle:

I finished Black Swan Green and started reading Coffee at Luke's.

Have picked up The Last of the Mohicans by James Fenimore Cooper to read next.

Ooh, I'll be interested to read your thoughts on that one, bree :smile:

I'm just over 300 pages into S. J. Parris's Heresy.

I've finished reading John Grogan - Marley & Me (this was an amazing book) and I've read Ryan Ennis - The Thursday Surprise. I've been reading some information books on my Kindle (freebies), I haven't started a new physical book yet, thinking about starting either J. R. R. Tolkien - The Hobbit or Kirstin Hannah - Home Front.

I haven't read as many books as I would have liked to, been very busy the last couple of months. Started reading 'The Snow Child' by Eowyn Ivey, still a bit early to know exactly how I feel about this book, seems to be slow in some places, however, you definitely get to know the character's well.

Still reading and halfway through The Summer Guest.  Cronin really can write!  And not just vampire epics! lol  He creates solid and very real emotional characters.